Market Development Manager - ElectronicsApply Job ID REF7247E Date posted 07/19/2022 Address 825 University Avenue, Norwood, MA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services mechanical testing systems.
Have you ever wondered how a potato chip always has the right crispiness level? Or, how your game controller can survive several drops whether you are excited for your win or upset by a loss? How about eyewear being able to withstand impact forces? Visit Instron’s YouTube Channel to see our customer’s applications. And, check out Facebook Watch at https://fb.watch/a8ILPde4GP/ for additional video.
Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of components and materials. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
This dynamic position will focus on the ever-growing electronics market with applications ranging from testing circuit boards to EV batteries to consumer electronics. The Market Development Manager is a key position within the Low Force Applications Business at Instron (a division of ITW) required to meet and exceed the growth and profitability goals and ensures that the business remains the global leader. The position leverages first-hand understanding of customer needs, product and applications expertise, in-depth market knowledge and insights towards increased sales leads and effectiveness as well as market penetration of key products. This position will work along all aspects of the buying cycle but primarily focus on early cycle, where market insights can provide Instron with a competitive advantage by being recognized as a thought leader in the industry.
The primary responsibilities of the Market Development Manager include developing and implementing marketing plans that increase market share and achieve bookings and profit targets for the market segment assigned. Responsibilities also include providing regular communication, support & training to the global sales and service organizations and collaborating with the Key Account Manager and Strategic Market Manager to effectively drive the overall segment strategy. The Market Manager will contribute in the early phases of new product development by leading customer and market needs evaluations through targeted voice of the customer (VOC) activities to ensure we are innovating our product offering to align with the electronics market.
· Analyzing the assigned market(s) to understand market share, business performance, trends and provide insights
· Ensuring the highest level of market knowledge within the business through coordination and centralization of applications information, marketing collateral, sales tools and training materials (to be delivered within the team and to sales)
· Coordinate and execute on global lead generation and market development programs focused on increased penetration of key LFA products in the assigned market(s)
· Maintaining a set of metrics that provide a feedback loop for programs and strategies success or failure for continuous improvement
· Explore customer and target market needs and challenges in search of new product development opportunities
· Leverage primary marketing channels to support Instron as a thought leader in the industry
· Role may include the pursuit of strategic partnerships or acquisition opportunities such as sales and technical collaborations, licensing arrangements, acquisition of products from third party companies, or the acquisition of third-party entities. The goal of these arrangements is to solidify Instron’s premium brand image while expanding the applications coverage within the market or fill key product gaps.
· Must possess excellent communications, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
· Must have in-depth knowledge of materials testing and applications, target markets and/or product portfolio. This knowledge level is usually acquired via a combination of completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field and/or Engineering as well as approximately 1-3 years of marketing, product/market management and/or sales experience in a manufacturing company environment.
· Advanced technical or business-related degree is considered an advantage.
· Knowledge of the electronics market; either from an industry or testing perspective
· Must have in-depth understanding of or experience in capital equipment sales, preferably with material testing equipment. Experience should include all aspects of distribution including direct and distribution and over multiple industries such as government, educational and industrial.
· Must have a passion for technology and innovation.
· Must have a good working understanding of selling and marketing in a global environment.
· Must have a desire to travel as required. Travel amounts will vary depending on product development opportunities and lead generation activities but could involve anything from day trips to 10-day international excursions. Expect on the order of 25 - 30% travel
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. Enjoy excellent on and off the job training, a competitive salary, and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.