Director of Americas SalesApply Job ID REF5554J Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 825 University Avenue, Norwood, MA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of materials and components. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
Instron is part of Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a global Fortune 250 diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses.
The Director of Sales is a core functional role within the business, working with the divisional leadership team to meet and exceed growth and profitability goals and to ensure that Instron remains a global leader. Responsible for leading a successful inside and field-based sales team in the pursuit of $100M of equipment and accessories sales within the Americas. Other key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a sales strategy to meet forecast by territory and by product mix. Directly participates in major strategic accounts.
- Create and fulfil a development strategy for the field sales team. Assist in providing training to enable the sales team to improve their overall effectiveness.
- Collaborates with business unit marketing teams to assist customers throughout their buying journey, ultimately driving better results in customer acquisition and conversion.
- Proposes comprehensive resourcing plan to increase revenue while effectively managing cost. Planning and execution is inclusive of role definition, territory alignments and staffing levels.
- Talent and succession management within the sales team. Recognizes and develops candidates for sales leadership.
- Active participant in our Customer Back Innovation process including participation in gate reviews and go to market planning.
- Accountable for field resources used, including demonstration equipment, engineering time, applications time, etc.
Successful candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in a Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering (advanced technical and/ or business-related degree preferred), and in-depth experience of capital equipment sales leadership. Additional requirements include:
- Proven track record in implementing successful sales strategies.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to present at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed. Result orientated. Sets high goals for personal and team accomplishment.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong coach with the ability to hire, develop and retain a diverse pipeline of great talent. Direct experience of managing and developing a team of highly capable employees.
- A global mindset. Must be culturally aware and be able to build constructive and effective relationships across the organization.
- A positive attitude focused on understanding, anticipating, and responding to the needs of our customers, both internal and external to the department and organization.
- Ability to facilitate and drive change within the department and organization.
- Willingness to travel domestically and globally (20% of time).
Take this opportunity to join a professional and successful team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy competitive compensation and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, paid parental leave, 401k (with match), 100% Tuition reimbursement, and parental leave and adoption assistance.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.