Foils Converting Machine Operator up to $23hr $2k Sign on Bonus-3rd shiftApply Job ID REF3572N Date posted 09/08/2021 Address 40 East Newberry Road, Bloomfield, CT Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
SIGN-ON BONUS! New hire will receive a Bonus of $500 after completion of each quarter (3 months) for the first year of continuous employment. Bonuses will total $2,000 if the new hire completes a full year of service.
Join ITW today and come grow with us!
ITW Foils companies are part of Illinois Tool Works based in Chicago, Illinois. We are committed to your full potential. We strive for everyone at ITW to reach their full potential, and we value the unique and diverse perspectives, experiences and ideas that make all of us better together.
We offer top quality compensation and benefits packages, including the following:
- Competitively priced medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance and disability insurance
- Paid vacation time and holidays
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Education reimbursement program
- Highly safety-conscious work environment
ITW located in 52 Countries, 53% in North America, 27% in Europe, Middle East & Africa and
20% Asia Pacific & Other
ITW has 43,000 employees and 18,500 Granted and Pending Patents.
In 2020 - Total Revenue was $12.6 Billion.
A global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of technically superior foils, films and laminates, our customers rely on our products every day for the most demanding applications in markets such as packaging and labels.
1. Set up and operate slitter / re-winder / single knife cutter and core cutter per scheduled sequence, process sheets, work instructions and customer requirement(s).
2. Record all necessary process and quality documentation accurately, timely, routinely and as specified.
3. Clean and label all finished material(s) post converting / slitting processing.
4. Pack all finished rolls based on customer requirements or manager’s instructions.
1. Be willing to be involved in special Safety & Tool Box teams like, automation, in-lining, and MRD to make ITW Foils safer & more efficient and prosperous
2. Assist in shipping / receiving and inventories if necessary.
1. Report breakdowns, malfunctions and safety issues to Production Coordinator.
2. Converting Cell Operator is required to, unless otherwise determined by Production Coordinator, assist maintenance technician in all repairs necessary due to breakdown or malfunction.
Candidate is required to have the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment similar to the core competencies of ITW Foils (Custom laminating, coating, metallizing and converting)
- Good mechanical ability and the ability learn and understand slitting / converting machinery functions and requirements
- Possess good judgment and decision making skills
- Be well organized and possess good verbal and written communications skills
- Interpret, understand and adhere to customer requirements
- Able to adapt to challenging and demanding work environment
- Flexibility and willingness to train and work in other cells within ITW Converted Products as assigned
Physical Demand: Moderate physical demand in setting up, loading and operating machines and other equipment. Required to be lifting or moving average weight material much of the time.
Fork Truck: Required operational and safety training, pass a multiple choice test and a field test on a fork truck. Use of fork truck is frequent throughout the shift.
Mental Attention or Visual Demand: Continuous mental and visual attention in operating machines and other equipment and performing other activities requiring constant alertness or activity.
Responsibility for Safety of Others: Only reasonable care in performing own work is necessary to prevent injury to others. An accident, should it occur, would result in minor injuries such as cuts, abrasions, burns and bruises.
Precautions, department and company policies, procedures, rules and regulations: Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, detective materials and unusual conditions. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean, orderly, operational and safe condition.
Perform other related duties as required or as directed.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.