Facilities EngineerApply Job ID REF5018T Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 40 East Newberry Road, Bloomfield, CT Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW ShineMark is a global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of technically superior foils, films and laminates, our customers rely on our products every day for the most demanding applications in markets such as packaging and labels. ITW ShineMark is a part of Illinois Tool Works based in Chicago, Illinois.
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.8 billion. The company has operations in 55 countries that employ more than 48,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 17,000 granted and pending patents.
ITW ShineMark is seeking a qualified Facilities Engineer to support the Bloomfield, CT facility. This position is directly responsible for the coordination and/or execution of maintenance and contractor activities for the facility and production equipment. The manufacturing processes involve equipment such as web coaters, laminators, slitters, and high vacuum PVD systems. The scope of responsibilities include, but is not limited to: supervising staff mechanics, preventative maintenance, repair, retrofits, troubleshooting, project management, and assisting/directing contractors.
Scope PM Program (20%) Work Request System (20%) Equipment Maintenance & Repair (20%) Capital Projects (20%) Spare Parts Inventory (10%) 6. Service Contractors (10%)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that building and grounds are maintained in accordance with relevant regulations and fiscal considerations.
- Evaluate short and long-term needs in relation to major facility projects and property improvements including coordination of contractors.
- Plan, execute and monitor all facility and property improvement projects
- Coordinate, arrange, and supervise the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance actions in accordance with operational needs and financial considerations.
- Ensure that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement.
- Develop, implement, and review equipment records.
- Establish procedures and contacts to ensure timely preventive repair of equipment.
- Secure major equipment bids and make recommendations for purchase when replacement or new equipment is required.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and practices and develops hazard control practices and programs, including PPE policies, safe work permitting, and lock out tag out.
- Establish target areas and long-range accident prevention and cost-control objectives.
- Additional Responsibilities
- May arrange for or provide training for personnel as it relates to the safety or maintenance needs of the organization. This may entail providing staff training in a variety of safety and maintenance topics including the effective utilization of maintenance logs, completion of routine maintenance specific to the facility, safe equipment operations, fire safety training, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Engineering or Technical Degree with 3 to 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing role.
- Experience with preventative maintenance programs.
- Experience with electro-mechanical control systems.
- Computer skills: email, work processing, spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated experience solving complex problems.
- Supervision and collaboration.
- Project management.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills, and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
Desired Skills: Working knowledge of high vacuum systems, web handling, roll-to-roll processing, web coating, and web converting.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, Sick days and holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness Programs
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.