Metalizing/Coating Machine Operator (2nd shift 3-11pm)Apply Job ID REF5469N Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 5 Malcolm Hoyt Drive, Newburyport, MA Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
SIGN-ON BONUS! New hire will receive a Bonus of $500 after completion of each quarter (3 months) for the first year of continuous employment. Bonuses will total $2,000 if the new hire completes a full year of service.
Join ITW today and come grow with us!
ITW Foils companies are part of Illinois Tool Works based in Chicago, Illinois. We are committed to your full potential. We strive for everyone at ITW to reach their full potential, and we value the unique and diverse perspectives, experiences and ideas that make all of us better together.
We offer top quality compensation and benefits packages, including the following:
- Competitively priced medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance and disability insurance
- Paid vacation time and holidays
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Education reimbursement program
- Highly safety-conscious work environment
ITW located in 52 Countries, 53% in North America, 27% in Europe, Middle East & Africa and
20% Asia Pacific & Other
ITW has 43,000 employees and 18,500 Granted and Pending Patents.
In 2020 - Total Revenue was $12.6 Billion.
A global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of technically superior foils, films and laminates, our customers rely on our products every day for the most demanding applications in markets such as packaging and labels.
The primary goal of the Coating/Metallizing Cell Operator is to maintain product quality and machinery efficiency during standard operation of applying aluminum to rolls of coated film in a vacuum metalizer. The operator is also responsible for supporting any efforts associated with ensuring that the machinery is operational and properly maintained.
1. Clean, set up and operate metallizer per scheduled sequence, process sheets, work instructions and customer requirement(s)
2. Conduct / perform qualitative evaluations of strike and end-of-roll samples
3. Record all necessary process and quality documentation accurately, timely, routinely and as specified
4. Package all material(s) not requiring further processing in the form of converting / slitting to narrow web format
1. Conduct standard routine maintenance as required to ensure machinery cleanliness and reliability
2. Metallizing Cell Operator is required to, unless otherwise determined by maintenance technician, to assist maintenance technician in all repairs necessary due to breakdown or malfunction
3. Metallizing Cell Operator is required to assist maintenance technician in the execution of all regularly scheduled Preventive Maintenance requirements.
*In addition, the employee must be willing and able to perform any other work tasks as defined or requested by supervisor or management.
Education and Experience:
Candidate is required to have the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Work experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Good mechanical ability and the ability learn and understand metalizing machinery functions and requirements
- Possess good judgment and decision making skills
- Be well organized and possess good verbal and written communications skills
- Interpret, understand and adhere to customer requirements
- Able to adapt to challenging and demanding work environment
- Flexibility and willingness to work in other cells within ITW Foils as assigned
Physical Demand: Moderate physical demand in setting up, loading and operating machines and other equipment. Required to be lifting or moving average weight material much of the time.
Fork Truck: Required operational and safety training, pass a multiple choice test and a field test on a fork truck. Use of fork truck is frequent throughout the shift.
Mental Attention or Visual Demand: Continuous mental and visual attention in operating machines and other equipment and performing other activities requiring constant alertness or activity.
Responsibility for Safety of Others: Only reasonable care in performing own work is necessary to prevent injury to others. An accident, should it occur, would result in minor injuries such as cuts, abrasions, burns and bruises.
Precautions, department and company policies, procedures, rules and regulations: Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, detective materials and unusual conditions. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean, orderly, operational and safe condition.
Perform other related duties as required or as directed.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.