Editing/Inspection Machine Operator - 2nd ShiftApply Job ID REF3217M Date posted 09/09/2021 Address 32 Commerce Drive, South Brunswick Township, NJ Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
SIGN-ON BONUS! $1,000 upon completion of six months of continuous employment ($250 paid at hire, $750 paid at six months; company covers payroll taxes).
ITW Covid Security (Cranbury, NJ) is a member of the ITW Specialty Films Division of Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW), a Fortune 200 global manufacturing company. At ITW Covid we produce secure holograms, laminates and overlay solutions that help authenticate and protect travel documents, personal IDs, and other official documents around the world.
Our employees enjoy a full benefit package which includes medical plan options with FSA and HSA accounts, dental, prescription drug, vision, 401(k) with a company match, life insurance, wellness programs, employee discounts, paid holidays, vacation and sick time starting in year of hire, and a corporate matching gift program for charitable donations!
Efficiently operate all inspection machines to meet production standards. Identify material defects and accurately fill out production documentation. Effectively train on four inspection machines. Learn to slit and safely handle razor blades when needed for the SRI machine.
Shift hours are 2:00 - 10:30pm. Starting pay $18.15/hour (includes $0.75/hour shift premium).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and operate all inspection editing machines, including set up of material and adjustments on tension and speed. Visually inspect material for defects, applying flags and splicing defective material as required.
- Set up and operate the SRI automated inspection/slitting machine, including set up material and adjustments to tension, speed and slitting blades. Set up and operate the automated inspection camera for each job, ensuring proper inspection of material and applying flags and splicing defective material as required.
- Review, update and maintain proper written production, quality and inventory documentation including schedule, footage and drawing updates. Enter production data into barcode system as required.
- Maintain high quality control, following documented procedures and processes.
- Perform material handling duties, including use of hand trucks and small hoists.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, and other general housekeeping duties.
- Strictly adhere to safety regulations, security regulations and work policies.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
Our ideal candidate has a stable employment history, a positive and collaborative attitude, a desire to learn, and a demonstrated ability to work safely in producing a quality product. Candidates selected for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Ideal experience includes work with converting and/or inspection equipment.
- Material handling experience including pallet jack, small hoist, hand trucks
- Ability to follow instructions (both written and verbal). Ability to read technical drawings.
- Some experience using common hand tools and measuring devices.
- Work with minimal supervision in manufacturing.
- Strong basic math (decimals and fractions) and measurement ability required.
- Must have excellent vision for material defects. Ability to concentrate visually for long periods.
- The physical requirements include constant visual acuity to identify product defects; frequent sitting, use of upper extremities to handle/manipulate/lift/carry/reach, and ability to lift up to 30 lbs.; occasional bending, twisting, walking/standing.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.