Maintenance Technician + Sign On BonusApply Job ID REF2311L Date posted 04/22/2021 Address 16955 West Ryerson Road, New Berlin, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Appliance Components serves all the major Appliance OEM in the US, Europe, Asia, and Mexico and their tier suppliers. This global division manufactures mechanical, electromechanical and electrical components and assemblies with a variety of manufacturing processes. We have locations in the US, China, Mexico, the UK, Slovenia, Hungary, Bulgaria and Italy.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, the division enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by
- Maintaining advanced global engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- Identifying customer needs to provide continued added value solutions.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every solution exceeds customer expectations while providing unparalleled value.
Eligible for $2,500 Sign on Bonus. Paid $500 after the first 30 days of employment, $1000 after 60 days, and another $1000 after the first 90 days of employment.
This is a second shift position reporting to the Facilities/Maintenance Manager. Shift hours are 2:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with paid overtime as needed, two 10-minute paid breaks and one-half hour unpaid lunch.
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and a variety of other production machines and equipment including their safety devices by performing the following responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes work orders, blueprints and schematics to determine work to be performed.
- Troubleshooting equipment problems. Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble. Examines defective machinery to determine cause of malfunction and performs machine repairs.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, then inspects parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Repairs, rebuilds or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- May set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other tools to make and repair parts and machines.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments. Utilizes computers and ladder logic to determine PLC and SLC problems and make revisions.
- Sets up and starts devices and machines to test their performance.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- May write computer programs for new machinery with appropriate supervision.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase production efficiencies.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journeyman status preferable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to read blueprints and schematics. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with all members of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Only qualified selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls or email inquiries please. Pre-employment, post offer drug screen and physical required on selected candidate.
EOE/AAF/M/D/V. ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.