Maintenance Technician - 1st shift - $3,000 Sign on BonusApply Job ID REF6695L Date posted 05/27/2022 Address 16955 West Ryerson Road, New Berlin, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
- ITW Appliance Components serves all the major Appliance OEM in the US, Europe, Asia, and Mexico and their tier suppliers. This global division manufactures mechanical, electromechanical, and electrical components and assemblies with a variety of manufacturing processes. We have locations in the US, China, Mexico, the UK, Slovenia, Hungary, Bulgaria, and Italy. ITW Industrial Components is a separate Business Unit within the ITW Appliance Division focused on industrial customers and applications.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, the division enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
- Maintaining advanced global engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- Identifying customer needs to provide continued added value solutions.
- Continually improving processes, materials, and designs to ensure every solution exceeds customer expectations while providing unparalleled value.
This is a first shift position reporting to the Facilities/Maintenance Manager. Shift hours are 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with overtime as needed, two 10-minute paid breaks and ½ hour unpaid lunch.
Sign on Bonus: Eligible for $3,000 Sign on Bonus. Paid $1,000 after the first 30 days of employment, $1000 after 60 days, and another $1000 after the first 90 days of employment.
Responsibilities include evaluating, repairing and maintaining automated and semi-automated assembly equipment (consisting of pneumatic, electric and robotic actuators; custom fixtures; sensors and controls; conveyors and indexers) and a variety of other production machines and equipment including their safety devices by performing the following responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes work orders, blueprints and schematics to determine work to be performed.
- Troubleshooting equipment problems. Observes mechanical devices in operation and examines equipment to locate causes of malfunction and performs machine repairs.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, then inspects parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Repairs, rebuilds or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Analyses and adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments. Ability to utilize computers and ladder logic to determine PLC and SLC problems and make revisions a plus, but not required.
- Sets up and starts devices and machines to test their performance.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase production efficiencies.
- May set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other tools to make and repair parts and machines.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journeyman status preferable.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to read blueprints and schematics. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with all members of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Only qualified selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls or email inquiries please. Pre-employment, post offer drug screen and physical required on selected candidate.
EOE/AAF/M/D/V. ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.