Machine Operator - 3rd ShiftApply Job ID REF2078Y Date posted 04/14/2021 Address 9629 197th Street, Mokena, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Why is ITW a great place to work? We think and act like entrepreneurs, we embrace autonomy, make decisions, and take ownership. We are always focused on helping our people reach their full potential. Most importantly, we value our 5 core values that drive our decision making; integrity, respect, trust, shared risk, simplicity.
We offer competitive pay and benefits that supplement your life both inside & outside of work. We support your community involvement from financial gifts with our 3-for-1 matching program and volunteering opportunities with our strong partnerships with United Way and David Speer Academy. ITW Automotive Body & Fuel NA manufactures interior components and fuel housings for OEMs and their top-tier suppliers. Are you up to the challenge?
• Operate assembly machine and auxiliary equipment.
• Inspect and Assemble parts / assemblies as processed, per work instructions.
• Trouble-shoot and repair minor machine problems.
• Restart machine after repair or notify Automation Technician if repair is unsuccessful.
• Package parts per work instructions.
• Responsible for notifying, Manufacturing Team Leader, Quality Inspector, Automation Technician, and/or Manager of any and all defects detected.
• Responsible for the quality of product processed.
• To maintain assigned workstation in an organized and clean manner.
• Must remain at workstation, unless on break/lunch or authorized by the correct chain of command.
• Ability to complete necessary paperwork.
• Removes any old labels from gaylords, boxes & totes.
• Label boxes/totes.
• Any and all tasks as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• 1-year work experience required
• Operator in Manufacturing environment experience preferred
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends and overtime.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to handle, frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.