Machine Operator -3rd Shift (11:00pm-7:00am)Apply Job ID REF187E Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 197th Street, Mokena, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW is a Fortune Manufacturing Company with Multi-Billion Dollar revenue and fifty thousand employees world-wide. Known for innovation, diversification, and excellent financial performance. The Body and Fuel Division drive profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Body and Fuel enhances our customers’ competitive advantage. Body and
Fuel is a business group within ITW’s Automotive segment with manufacturing locations in North America. Our Body and Fuel products are made up of housings and doors, innovative Capless solutions and charge ports for major OEMs around the world.
The Assembly Operator ensures efficient machine operation to produce quality product through completion of routine tasks following specific work instructions/job training.
- Responsible for quality of processed product
- Operate assembly and auxiliary machine/equipment
- Maintain production rates on operator assisted equipment
- Review quality of product and assist in housekeeping requirements
- Maintain assigned workstation in an organized and clean manner
- Remain at workstation unless on an authorized break or lunch
- Perform required paperwork
- Remove old labels from gaylords, boxes, and totes
- Label gaylords, boxes, and totes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Follow safety guidelines
- Assembly and inspect parts as processed per work instructions
- Package parts per work instructions
- Notify Quality Inspectors, Automation Technicians’ and/or Supervisor of any and all defects
- Restart machines after repair and notify Automation Technician if repair was unsuccessful
- Must be able to maintain production rates on operator assisted equipment
- Tools Used: Normal hand tools found on the production floor (i.e.: trim knives or plastic cutters and steel wool).
- Equipment Used: Assembly and accessory equipment attached to performance of a specific part (i.e.: a cooling fixture, grinders, or trim fixture).
- Jewelry Safety Factor: No rings allowed for this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, follow work instructions and job training requirements. Individual works in a team environment.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Employee will perform other related duties as needed
- 1 or more years of job related experience preferred
- Must meet the minimum requirements for Assembly Operator position
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work in an unsupervised environment and follow through with instructions.
- Must be in good standing with the company.
- Must be able to work over-time on short notice including weekends.
- Must be able to work quickly and still maintain safety standards.
- High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Communication-ability to communicate verbally or non-verbally.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds.
- Ability to perform a standing job for minimum 8 consecutive hours.
- Must be able to walk, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, reach and grasp for varying periods of time during a consecutive 8-hour minimum period.
- Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people
- Skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness
- Sensitivity to the point of view of others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.