Machine Operator 1st, 2nd & 3rd ShiftApply Job ID REF8789G Date posted 12/05/2022 Address 9629 197th Street, Mokena, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW is a Fortune Manufacturing Company with Multi-Billion Dollar revenue and fifty thousand employees world-wide. Known for innovation, diversification, and excellent financial performance.
The Body and Fuel Division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Body and Fuel enhances our customers’ competitive advantage. Body and Fuel is a business group within ITW’s Automotive segment with manufacturing locations in North America. Our Body and Fuel products are made up of housings and doors, innovative Capless solutions and charge ports for major OEMs around the world.
Summary: Ensure efficient machine operation to produce quality product while working safely and meeting delivery expectations to our customers.
• Operate assembly/or molding machine and auxiliary equipment.
• Inspect assembled or molded parts/assemblies as processed per work instructions
• Follow all safety guidelines and procedures
• Trouble-shoot and repair minor machine problems
• Restart machine after repair or notify Automation Technician if repair is unsuccessful
• Package parts per work instructions
• Responsible for notifying Line Leads, Quality Inspector, Automation Technician and/or Supervisor of any and all defects detected
• Responsible to maintain assigned workstation in an organized and clean manner
• Must remain at workstation unless on break/lunch or authorized by the correct chain of command
• Must complete daily an accurate production report recording scrap and produced parts
• Remove any old labels from gaylords, boxes, and labels
• Other duties may be assigned.
Material Tools: hand tools: trim knives, plastic cutters, steel wool, soft or mesh gloves
Assembly and accessory equipment attached to the performance of a specific part such as cooling fixture, heat gun, and grinders
• High School diploma or GED or equivalent work experience required
• Minimum of 1year previous work experience preferred
• Operator in Manufacturing environment experience preferred
• Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to perform duties independently or in a team environment.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to work flexible schedule, including shift, overtime and weekends
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for entire shift, use hands to handle, frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For individuals with disabilities who may need help with the application process, ITW offers a contact to evaluate requests for assistance and, where appropriate, provide a reasonable accommodation to help the applicants apply for a position. If you would like this assistance, please call 708-720-7120 and leave your name, number, and a brief message.
Note: Only requests for assistance to apply for a position due to a disability will be responded to.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.