Automation ApprenticeApply Job ID REF7540M Date posted 08/11/2022 Address 9629 197th Street, Mokena, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW is a Fortune Manufacturing Company with Multi-Billion Dollar revenue and fifty thousand employees world-wide. Known for innovation, diversification, and excellent financial performance.
The Body and Fuel Division drive profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Body and Fuel enhances our customers’ competitive advantage. Body and Fuel is a business group within ITW’s Automotive segment with manufacturing locations in North America. Our Body and Fuel products are made up of housings and doors, innovative Capless solutions and charge ports for major OEMs around the world.
Summary: This Apprentice position requires the basic knowledge of electrical mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation by performing the following duties.
- Properly work on a variety of automation equipment, controls, and electrical systems
- Performs inspections on machines and equipment to confirm operations standards
- Able to read and create schematic diagrams and troubleshoot problems with or without the aid of a diagram
- Troubleshoot automation equipment when problems arise, repairs equipment in an efficient/timely manner to minimize down time
- Assist with disassembling and reassembling equipment when needed
- Perform preventative maintenance on automated equipment including 6 axis robots, controls equipment, pneumatic equipment, electrical equipment, and mechanical components
- Manufacture required components for equipment utilizing machining equipment including lathes, mills, and CNC machines
- Identify continuous improvement ideas associated within daily duties and overall machine performance
· Support the shift needs as necessary, including off shift work as the business needs require
· Complete any, and all, tasks as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representatives of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in General Tech responsibilities
- Ability to use a computer including Microsoft Office
- Mechanically inclined individual who can use hand tools, measuring tools, and electrical tools
- Team player who demonstrates the ability to relate to employees at all levels of the organization
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
· Must be able to lift 65 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
· Frequent walking, ability to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, crawl in or under machines
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Body & Fuel NA is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.