Manufacturing / Quality EngineerApply Job ID REF3200H Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 31 Winterbrook Road, Mechanic Falls, ME Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Electro Static Technology (a business unit of ITW) is the global leader in the mitigation of damage caused by stray electric charge on rotating and moving surfaces. Our two major patented product lines are the AEGIS Shaft Grounding Ring for electric motors and generators, and the FLX-P line of antistatic brushes.
ITW, a Fortune 200 company, is one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. The company has prospered for over 100 years, changing the way people live and work all over the world. Each of ITW’s businesses has an independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate. It is the highly talented people at ITW who drive success through new products and customer driven solutions.
Evaluates product requirements, customer requirements, and process requirements to plan, design new or modify existing manufacturing equipment. Establishes operating equipment specifications, improves manufacturing techniques and production yields, and introduces new process equipment to improve production efficiencies. Provides quality engineering support to manufacturing including data collection and analysis, preparing product quality documents, assisting in failure investigations to ensure compliance to internal/exter, design, modify or build, and optimize manufacturing processing equipment in the facility.
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate manufacturing data to drive continuous process improvements. Implement new data collection methodologies as required.
- Respond to manufacturing issues and concerns to ensure product specifications are met, including troubleshooting and rectification of any existing errors or defects.
- PFMEA management including managing related projects.
- Leads product quality investigations for manufacturing area using tools such as 8D, 4M, 5 Why’s.
- Ensures completion of corrective actions manufacturing area
- Conduct training on quality concepts and tools; interface with all other engineering departments within the company and with customers and suppliers on quality or manufacturing related issues.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; evaluating process capabilities and establishing required standards and metrics
- Creating and maintaining company documentation, such as quality manuals, and quality procedures.
- Maintain and control calibration records for all test and inspection equipment.
- Generates internal and external customer required quality documents
- Other job duties as assigned by Manager.
- BS in Engineering
- Experience with ISO 9001 and IATF 16494
- American Society of Quality (ASQ) certification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- CAD proficiency (Autodesk Inventor preferred)
- Statistical Analysis Techniques
- Lean Manufacturing Experience
- Good investigative and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to think logically and methodically.
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Knowledge of statistical packages and Microsoft Office systems
ITW offers an extensive benefits package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid time off, an employer matched 401K, and so much more!
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.