MachinistApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF10208V Date posted 05/02/2023 Address 31 Wintergreen Drive, Mechanic Falls, ME Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Electro Static Technology (a business unit of ITW) is the global leader in the mitigation of damage caused by stray electric charge on rotating and moving surfaces. Our major patented product line is the AEGIS Shaft Grounding Ring for electric motors and generators.
- Collaborating with Engineering and Tooling Manager to develop and build general-purpose fixturing and tooling to support the manufacturing process.
- Sets-up and operates machine tools and fits and assembles parts to make or repair metal parts, mechanisms, tools, prototypes or machines.
- Determines dimensions and tolerances of piece to be machined, sequence of operations, and machines required by studying specifications, such as blueprints, sketches, damaged parts, or descriptions of parts.
- Plans and executes complex and difficult assignments using machine tools ranging from lathes to milling machines.
- Operates computer-controlled machine.
- Build simple and progressive stamping dies under direction.
- Utilizes broad variety of metals and extensive knowledge of measurements.
- Trains other machinists and production staff on using new tooling/fixtures safely.
- As needed, supports production and Maintenance with resolving and troubleshooting issues with machines in production.
- Adheres to EST safety and quality policies.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be able to read, develop and interpret specifications on blueprints and sketches.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working in a general machine shop.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross functional team.
EDUCATIONAL and/or EXPERIENCE
- 4 years experience in an equivalent position.
- Minimum High School education or Equivalent.
- Preferred experience with CNC machining
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position involves repetitive assembly work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger and handle or feel.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, lift and or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
ITW offers an extensive benefits package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid time off, an employer matched 401K, and so much more!
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.