Account Specialist - WeldingApply Job ID REF8085F Date posted 09/28/2022 Address 1234 McConnellsburg, McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Comprised of a market-leading portfolio of best-in-class brands, the businesses of ITW Welding work together to provide premium performance delivered through a breadth of solutions encompassing welding, cutting, consumables, and accessories. ITW Welding North America represents Miller Electric Welding Equipment, Safety & Accessories, Hobart Filler Metals, and Bernard/Tregaskiss MIG Guns.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality, and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
The Account Specialist is an ITW Welding portfolio subject matter expert, who is responsible for supporting and executing on-site sales strategies aimed at growing and defending ITW share within the targeted accounts and their tier one suppliers. This role will contribute and support the Corporate Account Manager strategic plan(s) within the target account(s) and will focus as on-site support for all ITW Welding products and projects within the target account(s). This individual will function as a liaison with all applicable ITW Sales Teams, ITW Manufacturing Divisions, and Channel Partners while utilizing the ITW Sales Process to ensure customer success.
The Account Specialist will effectively baseline and document manufacturing constraints in the welding environment. Additionally, they will develop, validate, and execute a business case for ITW solutions that deliver value to the customer based on an in-depth understanding of the manufacturing process.
This role will execute with the ITW Values at top of mind: integrity, respect, trust, shared risk, and simplicity.
This position is based out of McConnellsburg, PA and will cover the Central, PA area.
The Account Specialist is responsible for providing weld process expertise through a technical understanding of filler metals and welding equipment to defend and grow business within strategic end user accounts. This role will act as a consultant to the field sales team by providing the technical expertise necessary to win business as part of the account planning process.
The Account Specialist will drive growth via the presentation of ITW solutions that deliver customer value through documented weld process improvements. This role requires close collaboration with all ITW welding sales personnel to identify and support large end-user conversion opportunities and defend key accounts. The applicant must be a self-starter, an excellent team player, be well organized and a great communicator. They must also possess extensive manufacturing experience, as well as the ability to make independent decisions and follow through to completion.
- Work with ITW Welding resources and appropriate channel partners to develop strategies that align value propositions with customer needs and opportunities.
- Understand how the customer defines value, develops strategic objectives, and identifies challenges. (Engage & Discover)
- Assess, identify, and keep ahead of competitive tactics, potential threats and distributor needs
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize ITW welding opportunities through an understanding of the corporate account culture & key decision makers.
- Effective utilization of the process improvement toolbox to support the validation/demo stages of the sales process.
- Complete an in-depth analysis of the account profile and share for all ITW product families.
- Create an effective production baseline and qualify ITW solutions for validation and ROI justification. Support and help deliver ROI presentations
- Develop professional credibility and position ITW as a strategic partner while building relationships with plant level management, engineering, production, decision makers, coaches, and influencers throughout the plant.
- Develop an understanding of the Accounts business strategy and operational challenges to determine new potential ITW portfolio solutions.
- Work closely with CAM and regional resources to develop and maintain account plans and help present annual contribution reports.
- Effective utilization of D365, MS Teams and other tools to track opportunities and progress within the sales process.
- Maintain effective communication between CAMs, regional, and divisional resources.
- Ensure there is divisional visibility & alignment for targeted accounts based on the market and addressable potential.
- Coordinate the involvement of appropriate divisional resources to assist with specific sales opportunities (demonstration, training, installation, new product development, VOC, etc.).
- Liaison with R&D and product managers on key segments needs and product innovation opportunities.
- Direct and help perform voice-of-the-customer research to define and assess segment opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of experience in welding technical manufacturing or sales.
- Exceptional knowledge of ITW’s full portfolio of products to include welding equipment, filler metal, guns, fume extraction, automation, and safety products and their application within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze account specific needs to develop and implement a strategic plan and to grow business.
- Thorough understanding of the business dynamics of welding & industry and technically competent in the latest welding and automation technologies.
- Strategic selling skills with a command of value-added sales techniques.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to thrive within a matrix organizational structure.
- A proven history of exceptional organizational, planning and negotiating skills in addition to exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Strong business and financial acumen, with emphasis on understanding manufacturing processes and the ITW Toolbox or process improvement procedures.
- Must be highly motivated and results oriented with the ability to work independently and in a team environment with ability to easily adapt to change, consistently meet deadlines and excellent follow through.
- Strong PC skills/aptitude. Intermediate Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and exposure to Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems (Salesforce.com).
- Overnight travel up to 50%.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, ITW does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.