PackerApply Job ID REF2364N Date posted 04/28/2021 Address 162 Royal Crest Drive, Martinsburg, WV Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Illinois Tool Works, Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 250 global industrial company centered on a differentiated business model. The company’s seven business segments leverage the 80/20 business model to generate solid growth, best-in-class margins, and favorable returns in markets where innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries targeting sustainable and profitable organic growth. The Sexton business fits within the ITW Drawform Division and is a market leader in the manufacture of high-pressure aerosol cans and after-market filter shells and is seeking a Packer for its Martinsburg, WV facility.
This position is responsible for the inspection and packaging of product as specified by the customer. The position is critical to successful production as it is the final in-process quality check for finished product, requiring the ability to visually scan product for a variety of quality standards, while ensuring continued process flow such that production goals are being met.
- Communicate with other shifts/team members regarding maintenance, operation, quality, and safety issues.
- Follow the production schedule, factory order, and other process and quality documentation identifying and specifying the product to be produced, packaging requirements, and the inspections to be performed.
- Follow standard operating procedures, work instructions, and health/safety/environmental requirements.
- Be able to use all necessary gauges, including dial indicators, micrometers, and go/no-go gauges.
- Perform dimensional inspection of product every fifteen (15) minutes, or as otherwise specified.
- Perform SPC data checks hourly, or as otherwise specified.
- Continually visually inspect product for scratches, pinholes, bulges, ripples, cracks, rust, and other non-conformities.
- Report any nonconforming conditions to the Quality Department and the Shift Supervisor immediately.
- Prepare and package product, while visually inspecting product to ensure product quality is maintained.
- Complete all required documentation accurately and completely.
- Uphold 5-S principles to maintain a safe, clean, and organized workspace.
- Support troubleshooting, problem solving, root cause analysis, and related process improvement activities.
- Work overtime and perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent required
- Previous experience with quality inspection/SPC highly preferred
- The position requires frequent lifting, keen vision, team orientation, and careful attention to detail
- Team-player with aptitude to learn the ITW culture and work within a fast-pace environment with frequently shifting priorities
Packers may be exposed to hydraulic fluid, rust preventative lubricant, alkaline batteries, cleaning supplies, and other miscellaneous production items which may contain coatings or chemicals. Additionally, tin-plated steel is used in the manufacturing process. They will work in an environment in which hearing, and eye protection are required. They will be required to lift boxes, equipment, and other objects. The work environment is consistent with other heavy manufacturing environments. Therefore, proper precautions and care should be taken.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.