Machine OperatorApply Job ID REF2365Y Date posted 04/28/2021 Address 162 Royal Crest Drive, Martinsburg, WV Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Illinois Tool Works, Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 250 global industrial company centered on a differentiated business model. The company’s seven business segments leverage the 80/20 business model to generate solid growth, best-in-class margins, and favorable returns in markets where innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries targeting sustainable and profitable organic growth. The Sexton business fits within the ITW Drawform Division and is a market leader in the manufacture of high-pressure aerosol cans and after-market filter shells and is seeking a Machine Operator for its Martinsburg, WV facility.
This position is responsible for the operation, troubleshooting, maintenance, cleanliness, and safety of automatic-cycle hydraulic transfer presses supporting production of drawn metal products. The incumbent will serve as a key production and leadership role requiring mechanical aptitude and an eye for detail for successful job performance.
- Communicate with other shifts/coworkers regarding maintenance, operation, quality, and safety issues.
- Follow the production schedule, factory order, and other process and quality documentation identifying and specifying the product to be produced, packaging requirements, and the inspections to be performed.
- Follow standard operating procedures, work instructions, and health/safety/environmental requirements.
- Prepare for any changeovers that will occur on the given shift including arranging to have all necessary materials ready and staged, as appropriate, to minimize non-value-added activity.
- Operate machinery and related equipment as needed, understand and operate control panels appropriately, and maintain accountability for assigned equipment.
- Prime hydraulic pumps as needed.
- Be able to use all necessary gauges, including dial indicators, micrometers, and go/no-go gauges.
- Perform dimensional inspection of product every fifteen (15) minutes, or as otherwise specified.
- Perform SPC data checks hourly, or as otherwise specified.
- Continually visually inspect product for scratches, pinholes, bulges, ripples, cracks, rust, and other non-conformities.
- Report any nonconforming conditions to the Quality Department and the Shift Supervisor immediately.
- Troubleshoot/adjust/repair/replace: mechanical issues (production tooling, bushings, stops, sensors, gearboxes, fingers, conveyor belts, broken bolts, shims, etc.), minor leaks (hydraulic, pneumatic, lubricant), and process-related surface imperfections (inside and outside).
- Perform changeovers, pack product, and assist Maintenance and Tooling Departments as needed.
- Complete all required documentation accurately and completely.
- Uphold 5-S principles to maintain a safe, clean, and organized workspace.
- Support troubleshooting, problem solving, root cause analysis, and related process improvement activities.
- Work overtime and perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent required
- Previous experience with mechanical equipment, manufacturing, troubleshooting, hydraulics, and quality inspection/SPC highly preferred.
- Forklift operation experience is a plus.
- The position requires frequent lifting, keen vision, team orientation, and careful attention to detail
Machine Operators may be exposed to hydraulic fluid, rust preventative lubricant, alkaline batteries, cleaning supplies, and other miscellaneous production items which may contain coatings or chemicals. Additionally, tin-plated steel is used in the manufacturing process. They will work in an environment in which hearing, and eye protection are required. They will be required to lift boxes, equipment, and other objects. The work environment is consistent with other heavy manufacturing environments. Therefore, proper precautions and care should be taken.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.