Field Service Engineer - Up to $5,000 Sign-on Bonus!Apply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF8566O Date posted 02/23/2024 Address 4000 International Lane, Madison, WI Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Want to work for a company who protect the consumer whilst also having a highly commercial focus? ‘We Keep Food Safe’ from physical contaminants, saving lives and reducing waste.
LOMA SYSTEMS is a premium worldwide manufacturer of inspection equipment, used to identify contaminants and product defects in the food and pharmaceutical industries. LOMA Systems has over 50 years of experience developing and installing Designed to Survive ™ equipment, that delivers on our company purpose to ensure when products leave the factory, they are contamination free, to the quality intended and safe for you as the consumer. We pride ourselves in delivering on our commitments, providing high quality technical service and trusted advice to our customers.
Our culture is hands-on
At Loma Systems every individual is encouraged to take the initiative to get things done, and you will have the opportunity to make a real impact. LOMA Systems’ parent company is Illinois Tool Works (ITW), a fortune 250 diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment. ITW live by a philosophy of autonomy and a decentralized culture. This unique relationship means Loma systems can offer a personalized experienced to each and every employee, whilst offering the career progression and stability that comes from working for a larger organization.
At Loma and ITW we leverage the 80:20 principle in everything we do. We are serious and focused on improving food and pharmaceutical safety but know that they best way to achieve this is through employing a positive mindset and have a one team culture. If you have a proactive approach and want to make an impact, we want to hear from you.
This FSE position is eligible for an up to $5,000 sign-on bonus (certain rules and restrictions apply).
The role is remote in nature and you can be based out of Madison, WI or Milwaukee, WI areas.
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) services our Metal Detection, X-Ray and Checkweiging products at Loma’s customer sites throughout USA. The FSE does so in a manner consistent with Loma Systems policies and procedures while delivering exceptional customer service and promoting Loma Systems as the best in class operator.
- Travel and deliver efficient field support to our customers in the food and pharmaceutical industries.
- Verify that machines are operating at peak efficiency by proper calibration and testing.
- Commission and test machines using certified test procedures, perform preventative maintenance and emergency service at customer sites.
- Accurately document and report all service related activities. These include, but are not limited to submitting Electronic Service Reports, Calibration Reports and Expense Reports at appropriate intervals per company established procedures.
- Promote sales of additional Loma product offerings such as service contracts, new equipment leads, spare parts kits, etc.
- Provide timely feedback on equipment reliability and design.
- Maintain a satisfactory parts inventory and requisition additional parts required to perform normal FSE duties.
- Maintain all company property, including laptop, cell phone, safety equipment and tools in good working condition.
- Exercise safe working practices and procedures at all times.
- Conduct on-site training with customer’s personnel to ensure proper operation of equipment.
- Hold meetings with customers, including scope and exit meetings.
- Participate in the rotation of weekend on-call duties and after-hours phone support.
- At Loma’s team environment, frequently communicate between the field and the internal office support staff on technical related issues.
- Attend refresher training classes and FSE meetings with other service team members to promote continuous improvement of technical and non-technical skillsets.
- High school diploma required. Associates degree from a technical school preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in field customer service work or 4 years of military experience required.
- Knowledge of and experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing electro-mechanical equipment in the field and ability to identify root-cause.
- Take pride in being organized with regards to completion of paperwork, expense reports, etc.
- Must be self-motivated with an inner drive to exceed expectations.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret complex technical information involving mechanics and electronics. This includes interpretation of schematics and electrical diagrams.
- Professional communication with an ability to resolve customer issues and defuse conflict.
- Must be capable of a desire to learn a diverse set of products and continually improving product knowledge
- Strong ability to use electronic test equipment such as Multi-meters.
- Ability to accept changes in a fast paced and changing environment; enjoy taking a hands-on approach in solving problems.
- Work independently with little supervision while managing difficult and high-pressure customer situations.
- A role model of Loma’s behaviors (Hands-on, One Team, Positive Mindset, Delivering on our Commitments, Taking the initiative).
- Proficient with office software applications required.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends.
Physical & Environmental Requirements:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Must be able to travel extensively (80% or more approximately) as required to service our customers.
- Must be able to work within tight spaces and environments that may be noisy, odorous, dusty, cold and hot on a regular basis.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs. regularly.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time as well as walk, twist, bend, kneel, crawl, crouch, reach, climb and work in awkward positions on a regular basis.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please call the Loma Human Resources Dept. at (630) 240-9571 to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.