QA/QC TechnicianApply Job ID REF6593H Date posted 05/18/2022 Address 10818 North 2nd Street, Machesney Park, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Ignite your full potential! At ITW, we think and act like entrepreneurs. We embrace autonomy, make our own decisions, and take ownership to create innovative solutions for the world's biggest and most influential brands.
We are everywhere. You may not know us, but you can see us everywhere. The products we manufacture and the solutions we design are all around you – from automotive components in your car, to state-of-the-art dishwashers, ovens and refrigerators in your favorite restaurants and hotels. The buildings where you live and work are built with ITW construction and welding products, and our ITW test and measurement solutions help to ensure the quality and safety of millions of products. quality testing solutions analyze the products you use every day.
We are global and diverse. Across our seven business segments we offer access to challenging opportunities in high-growth industries and markets all around the world.
We are committed to your full potential. We strive for everyone at ITW to reach their full potential, and we value the unique and diverse perspectives, experiences and ideas that make all of us better together.
We offer top quality compensation and benefits packages, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k employer matching.
Join ITW today and come grow with us!
ITW Shakeproof serves major automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal, cold-headed fasteners totaling approximately $160m in revenue. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
· Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America.
· Exchanging product, process, and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
· Continually improving processes, material, and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
We are looking for self-driven Quality Technician interested in developing skills and experience in the quality field in the Automotive Industry.
The Quality Technician will facilitate responses to customer concerns and implement various quality assurance programs across the facility.
- Maintain the Material Review Board (MRB) area for the facility
- Review and track all internal quality concerns
- Facilitate in the root cause analysis and effective corrective actions for non-conformances found in MRB
- Work with a cross-functional team to determine appropriate corrective action and facilitate the completion of these actions
- Ensure timely response and closure of Internal Corrective Actions
- Assist the Facility’s Quality Engineer with Quality related tasks including, but not limited to;
- Participate in the APQP process for new product development and launch
- Collect information from operations and production to maintain analytics
- Maintain site performance Quality metrics
- Maintain and update items within the Quality Management System and customer portals with required information, as applicable
- Participate in effectiveness events for corrective actions through verification audits and group discussions with relevant parties as required.
- Work to support Plant Level Initiatives as applicable.
- May receive calls from customers, or other departments regarding production, or application concerns.
- Perform Layered Process Audits (LPAs) based on the schedule.
- Help maintain and sustain the Gage Calibration Program, ensuring the integrity of the system and reporting any findings to the appropriate personnel.
- Develop and/or assist in Continuous Improvement opportunities related to the Layered Audit Process.
- Conduct product testing/inspection as required to applicable standards, policies and work instructions.
- Taking required action when testing/inspection does not conform to the requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required; Technical School, or Associates Degree preferred
- Read and interpret Blueprints
- Knowledge on the usage of quality inspection hand tools (i.e. Micrometers, Calipers)
- Prior experience in quality-related, or automotive business preferred
- Knowledge of ISO/TS16949 & ISO 17025 preferred
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Strong attention to detail, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.