Production ManagerApply Job ID REF3304B Date posted 08/12/2021 Address 10818 North 2nd Street, Machesney Park, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Who We Are:
ITW Shakeproof, a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc., serves major automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal, cold-headed fasteners totaling approximately $160m in revenue. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
· Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America.
· Exchanging product, process, and bench marking information with sister units worldwide.
· Continually improving processes, material, and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
ITW Shakeproof offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
At ITW Shakeproof, you will have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
This highly visible position is located at our Machesney Park, IL location. As the Production Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead teams with varying levels of experience and education. You will be responsible for people and team development, culture, quality performance, cost, service and safety. There will be opportunities to develop both individuals and teams; to solve operational and people issues and motivate team members to achieve performance targets. In addition to the above, you will have an opportunity to showcase your experience and passion for employee development through change management, developing, coaching and influencing.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with plant functional leaders and other areas to develop strategic plans for the production team aligned with the Shakeproof Automotive goals to deliver against customer requirements of cost, quality, and delivery
- Responsible for leading, directing, and managing all aspects of the daily production activities, including oversight of production supervisors and team leads
- Ensures customer demands are met by managing the production process and flow
- Coordinate and direct the activities of the production department to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality
- Provide support and feedback to develop training, standard operating procedures, and work instructions
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to coach, develop and influence various teams
- Communicates priorities with leadership team and between department supervisors and plant leadership
- Prepare production summaries and downtime reports continuously monitoring output and labor efficiencies
- Develop KPIs with production leadership to drive positive operational results
- Work closely with the production control team to schedule production and ensures adherence to the production schedule
- Monitor staffing needs to ensure optimum staffing levels are supporting business demands
- Critically reviews processes to identify opportunities for improvement and develops and implements plans to execute
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: Pre-shift, round tables, town halls etc.)
- Use your analytical thinking skills through qualitative and quantitative analysis; demonstrating a strong drive to fix problems and design solutions
- Identify and develop talent to maximize performance of the plant through formal and informal training opportunities
- Promotes a safety culture and environment and maintains company compliance requirements to OSHA ensuring a safe working environment for yourself and others
- Develop recommendations of capital projects to drive efficiency, safety, and quality
- Participates in audits and customer visits
- ·Oversee hiring and performance development of production team members
- Become an expert in the ITW Toolbox and proficient at conducting continuous improvement activities to improve the overall production process flow
- Embrace and promote an environment that promotes team building of good working relationships and embody ITW’s Values and Great Leaders Philosophy
- Other responsibilities as assigned
What we are looking for:
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to set strategic goals and objectives and meet deadlines
- Strong leadership skills, including problem-solving, motivating employees, conflict resolution and delegation
- Proficient in lean manufacturing principles
- Demonstrates continuous improvement mindset
- Experience and ability to create and maintain a positive company culture
- Projects positive and professional image of ITW and actively demonstrates ITW values
- Embodies ITW’s culture through Leadership Expectations (Strategically Positions Business to Win in Markets; Delivers Results; Develops and Manages Talent; Leads Effectively)
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, operations manager or related field
- 5+ years operational experience in a fast-paced, high volume manufacturing setting; prior experience in automotive industry strongly preferred
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting required
- Experience successfully implementing complex change strategies
- Understanding of manufacturing control systems and proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work extended hours and occasional domestic travel (10%)
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, vision, prescription, Life, STD/LTD insurance, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement, wellness rewards, Life Assistance, Weight Watchers etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.