Manufacturing Maintenance ManagerApply Job ID REF6466M Date posted 05/10/2022 Address 10818 North 2nd Street, Machesney Park, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Ignite your full potential! At ITW, we think and act like entrepreneurs. We embrace autonomy, make our own decisions, and take ownership to create innovative solutions for the world's biggest and most influential brands.
We are everywhere. You may not know us, but you can see us everywhere. The products we manufacture and the solutions we design are all around you – from automotive components in your car, to state-of-the-art dishwashers, ovens and refrigerators in your favorite restaurants and hotels. The buildings where you live and work are built with ITW construction and welding products, and our ITW test and measurement solutions help to ensure the quality and safety of millions of products. quality testing solutions analyze the products you use every day.
We are global and diverse. Across our seven business segments we offer access to challenging opportunities in high-growth industries and markets all around the world.
We are committed to your full potential. We strive for everyone at ITW to reach their full potential, and we value the unique and diverse perspectives, experiences and ideas that make all of us better together.
We offer top quality compensation and benefits packages, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k employer matching.
Join ITW today and come grow with us!
The Manufacturing Manager oversees the total manufacturing process which includes care and maintenance of all the production equipment, utilities and infrastructure; maintenance planning and scheduling, MRO stock; CMMS operation and functionality; and maintenance staff to meet business enterprise strategies. Leads the continuous improvement objectives of the Maintenance team in accordance with defined measurables required to directly reflect the overall cost control of the organization. Supports and drives talent management and leadership development to achieve the ITW Great Leaders Framework and expectations. Assists and contributes in the development and attainment of the AP and LRP activities to achieve the Company’s strategic business plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the daily operations of the maintenance department ensuring compliance, safety, and best practices for corrective and preventive maintenance procedures are followed including accurate completion of the preventative maintenance program.
- Establish and manage preventative/predictive maintenance systems to improve equipment uptime. Utilize data to establish long term and short term equipment overhauls and upgrades.
- Establish methods to measure MTTR and MTBF data and other KPIs and implement a continuous improvement process.
- Oversee Maintenance by tracking work hours, maintaining work orders for all maintenance/project work, managing material purchases used in the maintenance/project work and working with accounting to ensure all work is billed correctly.
- Demonstrative ability to plan, organize and execute multiple tasks, in a fast-paced environment.
- Acquire bids and manage vendors and suppliers including building and grounds maintenance.
- Collaborate with Production and other teams to actively drive programs and education to advance the predictive maintenance agenda ensuring quarterly measurable gap closures.
- Responsible for installation of all new assets and maintenance programs are developed for the equipment. Ensure the maintenance team acquires or develops necessary skill sets to prevent premature equipment failure.
- Ability to build a strong team, including performing skill assessments and developing training plans for technicians.
- Prepare and manage maintenance controllable expense budget, including: repair materials and inventory, outside services, utilities, and repair labor.
- Support continuous improvement efforts, particularly related to minimizing equipment downtime while improving safety and quality.
- Conduct audits of work performed to ensure it meets current standards and requirements.
- Develop, recommend, and implement process improvements to streamline key processes within maintenance using the ITW Toolbox (80/20, PLs, USa)
- Promote and cultivate a positive working environment aligned with company goals and encouraging teamwork and strong performance
- Monitors associate performance of the maintenance team including hiring; disciplinary actions; work objectives and their effectiveness and realigning department as needed.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation
- Participate and assist in customer and annual internal audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in various maintenance/engineering areas with progressive managerial responsibility.
- Experience within the automotive sector, preferably in metal fasteners
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop personnel in accordance to our technology and service sector.
- Considerable skill is required in interpersonal relations and the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to directly interface with vendors, customers and other leaders will be necessary on a regular basis.
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong knowledge of Maintenance and Reliability
- Strong experience managing maintenance program through CMMS or similar systems
- Ability to maintain budgetary numbers therefore, it’s imperative that basic financial abilities are proven.
- Excellent technical knowledge of related equipment, products and processes
- Self-motivated, results oriented with ability to deliver results
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.