Header Operator - 2nd ShiftApply Job ID REF3094E Date posted 07/20/2021 Address 10818 North 2nd Street, Machesney Park, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Shakeproof, a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc., serves major automotive OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal, cold-headed fasteners totaling approximately $160m in revenue. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
· Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in North America.
· Exchanging product, process, and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
· Continually improving processes, material, and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
Sets up and operates single or multi die double stroke (SDDS) cold header and forge pointer to produce quality automotive fasteners from cold metal rod or wire by performing the following duties:
· Selects, installs, and aligns died, cutting tools, guides, and stops to set up machine.
· Sets controls to synchronize machine actions for various operations on workpiece in specified sequence.
· Adjusts settings of dies on controls, as required, to produce product within specified tolerances and meeting quality standards.
· Positions coil of metal wire, or rod on feed spindle and threads it through straightening rolls into feed mechanism.
· Verifies dimensions of work pieces with specifications. Modifies and grinds thread roll dies as necessary.
· Recognize and inspect quality issues and troubleshoots process or quality issues with engineers to correct and document.
· Starts machines to produce sample product and measures for conformance with specifications.
· Complies with all safety rules and TS16949 policies and operating procedures.
· Maintains, oils, and cleans machines on a regular basis. Drains and cleans oil trays; dumps scrap and sweeps and mop floors to maintain housekeeping standards.
· Keeps tools well organized and reorder as necessary to assure proper inventory levels.
· Ensures all quality and safety documentation is completed.
· Other responsibilities as needed.
· High School diploma/GED or the equivalent experienced required
· Prior experience operating single and multi-die header machines
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
· Ability to complete routine production and quality reports.
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds repetitively
· Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to stand 8 hours; bend regularly
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.