Regional Sales Manager (Entry Level)Apply Job ID REF1688W Date posted 02/12/2021 Address Home, Los Angeles, CA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
LOMA Systems, an ITW Company, is the world's leading engineering and manufacturing company specializing in metal detection, X-ray inspection, checkweighers, combination systems and more for the pharmaceutical, packaging and food industries - all Designed to Survive®
Just about any product you will have bought in a supermarket has to be checked to ensure it is free from contamination (i.e. metal, glass, stone, plastic) and is to the quality intended. LOMA Systems’ equipment is installed in many food production facilities around the world to protect us as consumers. You will get exposure to an industry you did not even know existed!
We have an excellent entry-level opportunity for individuals wanting to start their career in capital equipment sales in the food and pharmaceutical industries!
Broadly, the Regional Sales Manager will:
- Identify, develop and grow customer accounts in the designated region.
- Work with other Loma functional groups to ensure that any customer issues are addressed and that Loma receives accurate communication of customer needs or issues and prompt payment.
- Loma Regional Sales Managers are generally expected to spend their time:
- Actively seeking and developing new opportunities through cold calling, email, trade-shows, trade associations, etc.
- Identifying key accounts in the region and developing action plans to gain Loma exposure and penetration into those businesses.
- Visiting, and otherwise maintaining contact with, customers and prospective customers to ensure accurate understanding of their ‘needs’ and ‘wants’ to preferably standard Loma offerings.
- General account development, managing activities and converting all opportunities to closure.
- Maintaining customer accounts in Loma’s CRM system to accurately show customer status, activity and forecasting; other routine reporting functions as required.
- Additionally, they are expected:
- To become expert in the application and fundamentals of operation of Loma and Lock products, including demonstrating confidence in the use of PC based simulation of those products.
- To execute consultative sales activities to customers with focus on Loma’s added value differentiators of legacy, company, performance, durability, features and options.
- To gather competitive information when available and communicate this to Loma’s management for consolidation and distribution as appropriate; likewise actively seek Loma customer referrals, testimonials and leads for other plants or customers or sales regions.
- To demonstrate proficiency in ‘hands-on’ specification of mechanical systems and instrumentation, including measuring, basic of conveyors including understanding of belt speed relationships, product handling and familiarity with US and metric measurement systems and conversions between them.
- To conduct the necessary reading and research on an ongoing basis to obtain and maintain a working knowledge of the industries and key accounts that Loma sells into, including their current state and critical issues.
- To operate in an independent manner.
- To conduct Loma business professionally, with a well-groomed and articulate presence and with most efficient use of Loma’s resources, both financial and personnel.
- To participate in trade shows as an attendee and/or hosting Loma’s presence, including set-up and tear-down activities.
- To, annually, participate in the planning process to develop realistic and achievable growth goals for the region for Loma products and services; thereafter, to take ownership in delivering those same goals and other agreed objectives – throughout the year remaining cognizant of prospecting, quoting and bookings levels demonstrating proactive response to adverse trends.
- To travel on occasion outside of region to Trade Shows or to Loma’s other facilities, particularly in Carol Stream, IL, for product training, meetings and other purposes as such needs arise.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Sales, Marketing, Market Development, Account Management or similar discipline. Industrial capital sales experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong communications, analytical and computer skills are a requirement.
- Successful customer-facing experience in sales (and, ideally, marketing) situations is a requirement.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amount such as discounts, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to define problems, collect and perform analysis of data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Projects a positive attitude with customers and co-workers.
- Possess perseverance to continue after being rejected.
- Good time management, multitasking and organizational skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 50% travel required.
Loma Systems, an ITW Company, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please call the Loma Human Resources Dept. at (630) 240-9571 to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.