Receiving InspectorApply Job ID REF2998O Date posted 07/08/2021 Address 15901 West 147th Street, Lockport, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Why is ITW a great place to work? We think and act like entrepreneurs, we embrace autonomy, make decisions, and take ownership. We are always focused on helping our people reach their full potential. Most importantly, we value our 5 core values that drive our decision making; integrity, respect, trust, shared risk, simplicity.
We offer competitive pay and benefits that supplement your life both inside & outside of work. We support your community involvement from financial gifts with our 3-for-1 matching program and volunteering opportunities with our strong partnerships with United Way and David Speer Academy. ITW Automotive Body & Fuel NA manufactures interior components and fuel housings for OEMs and their top-tier suppliers. Are you up to the challenge?
This position requires the receiving inspection of all types of purchased parts, assemblies and materials.
• Coordinate and inspect purchased parts per established procedure/work instruction
• Daily approve all inbound parts per procedure - apply stamps, labels, etc. before putting away parts in racks
• Ensure all deliveries are put away same day - pallets should not be left on the floor
• Maintain warehouse locations for purchased components and keep in orderly fashion
• Assist with loading/unloading trucks, wrapping product and handling/storage of product
• Maintain docks clear at all times - no debris, broken pallets, trash should be on the floor or in the area
• All equipment on the dock should be put away unless being used
• Ensures broken or unusable pallets should be thrown away in the compactor immediately
• Ensures empty totes, cardboard boxes, etc. are removed from the dock area
• Report any safety issues immediately and complete near miss or incident report on dock and any warehouse areas
• Provide continuous improvement plans and audits
• Completes other tasks as assigned.
· High school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required
· 3+ years of experience in a warehouse environment
· Ability to maintain all safety, and shipping standards
· Proficient verbal and written communications skills
· Excellent organizational skills required
· Ability to drive equipment and work a pallet jack
· Motivated to grow and develop skills for advancement
· Proficient computer skills – Outlook and trans4M preferred
· Ability to meet strict deadlines
· Must be able to work flexible schedule of overtime and some weekends
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, must be able to resolve requirements both through supervisor direction and independent process analysis. Must possess good communication/interpretation skills, good visual skills, individual must be able to frequently exit the powered industrial equipment, ability to reach with arms extended and/or overhead, excellent hand dexterity, ability to bend, stoop, stretch and similar activities and able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.