Quality Supervisor - HourlyApply Job ID REF3004Y Date posted 07/09/2021 Address 15901 West 147th Street, Lockport, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Why is ITW a great place to work? We think and act like entrepreneurs, we embrace autonomy, make decisions, and take ownership. We are always focused on helping our people reach their full potential. Most importantly, we value our 5 core values that drive our decision making; integrity, respect, trust, shared risk, simplicity.
We offer competitive pay and benefits that supplement your life both inside & outside of work. We support your community involvement from financial gifts with our 3-for-1 matching program and volunteering opportunities with our strong partnerships with United Way and David Speer Academy. ITW Automotive Body & Fuel NA manufactures interior components and fuel housings for OEMs and their top-tier suppliers. Are you up to the challenge?
• Oversee day-to-day activities of Quality Inspectors and Launch Containment
• Establishes procedures, prepares, and coordinates schedules, and expedites workflow
• Communicate with Quality Inspectors and Quality Engineers (QE) about problems or concerns
• Disposition of non-conformance area with QE approval
• Communicate and post all Quality Alerts
• Create and update boundary boards
• Assist with and manage internal sorts as necessary
• Perform and assist with dock audits when required
• Work with Plant Quality Teams on continuous improvements as related to Quality
• Provide Customer Support as needed
• Contribute to the Company Quality Objectives
• Responsible for the mitigation of customer complaints and is the point of contact with the customer
• Reviews control of nonconformance material disposition and inspection of reworked product
• Minimize internal and external sort cost activities
• Drive Internal quality control requirements (boundary sample boards, hourly check sheets, work instructions, operator visuals, lot-control, defect accumulation sheets)
• Facilitate and lead the 8D Process including validation of PCA after root cause has been established
• SPC (Proficient) Programming – will teach
• All other duties as assigned
• 3+ years manufacturing experience in roles of Operations or Quality Supervision
• Strong communications skills both written and verbal
• Computer Skills – MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Root cause analysis techniques
• Good measuring skills
• Able to read a blueprint and differentiate colors
• Must be able to work in a team or individual environment
• Self-motivated individual
• Must have the ability to pay attention to detail
• Must be able to work a flexible shift, including overtime and weekends
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.