Forklift OperatorApply Job ID REF3041A Date posted 07/13/2021 Address 15901 West 147th Street, Lockport, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
The Forklift Operator is responsible for properly loading, unloading, storing, verifying, and shipping materials in plant. The incumbent will also ensure the shipment of customer samples and finished goods, receive, and accurately store raw materials and packaging materials, and handle additional incoming and outgoing shipments.
• Ensure product is safely and properly moved and stored as needed
• Group all empty boxes from warehouse, stack wooden skids safely, shrink wrap and put in racks
• Assist in other areas of warehouse as needed.
• Ensure all product is put away in areas of assigned designation by shift
• Setup parts for daily truck routes
• Complete daily forklift inspections
• Keep dock clean, neat, and organized – inside and outside of location
• Completes any work duties as assigned
• 3+ years’ experience with industrial forklift trucks & automotive industry, preferred
• High school diploma or GED or work equivalent required
• 1+ years’ experience in a manufacturing/warehouse environment required
• Must have strong communications skills both verbal and written, along with good organizational skills required
• Basic computer skills
• Experience driving/operating a forklift a plus
• Must have ability to pay close attention to detail for accuracy
• Motivated to grow and develop skills for advancement
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends and overtime
• Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to handle, stand, frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to walk and stoop, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.