Customer Service RepresentativeApply Job ID REF3068K Date posted 07/16/2021 Address 15901 West 147th Street, Lockport, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
The Customer Service Representative reports to the Customer Service Supervisor. The major areas of responsibility are: Coordinates customer service-related activity for the operations to ensure on-time delivery of product to customer. Reviews customer/vendor correspondence to day-to-day occurrences to react to customer demands.
• Proactive daily communication with customer and production to ensure on-time delivery of product and problem resolution
• Process hardcopy purchase orders
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external customers
• Collaborate with various internal departments as needed
• Utilization of various reports to manage customer requirements
• Maintain accurate customer data
• Maintain current knowledge and understanding of customer specific requirements and systems
• Knowledge and understanding of internal ERP system to sufficiently complete required tasks
• Reconciliation of discrepancies with manufacturing cells
• Coordinate expedite shipments per customer request
• Other tasks and duties as assigned
• 2+ years Administrative/Manufacturing degree or equivalent education and/or experience
• Minimum 1+ years in customer service, related to a manufacturing environment or related field
• Requires a detail-oriented person with proven organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience, plus working knowledge of customer relations, general computer operations, and coordinating of multiple tasks
• Microsoft Excel, Word and Office competent
• Strong work ethic, reliable, able to work independently and in a team environment and self-motivated
• Ability to read blueprints and use of caliper a plus
• Flexibility and willingness to change daily responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.