Senior BuyerApply Job ID REF3028M Date posted 07/13/2021 Address 14050 West Lambs Lane, Libertyville, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Construction provides a variety of fastening systems and truss products for the commercial, residential, and remodeling/renovation segments. With products manufactured at locations around the globe serving markets in North America, Europe, Asia, New Zealand and Australia.
The Global Tool Unit (GTU) is a part of ITW’s Construction Segment. The GTU innovates, develops, and manufactures best-in-class Power Fastening Systems for the global construction market. Our highly differentiated tools are specified to be used in a variety of applications including wood framing, wood trim, and steel to concrete installations.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for the planning and execution of company Market Rate of Demand (MRD). Materials plan and materials control activities to support operations goal of on-time shipment. The successful candidate will also manage demand forecasting and the maintenance of the Electronic Kanban system. Also analyzes, identifies, and corrects both finished and raw material inventory to ensure data is accurate and delivery schedules are met.
- Ensure materials required to meet business needs are available
- Control inventory levels in keeping with Company goals and procedures
- Challenge and influence non-conforming and/or underperforming Suppliers
- Direct the disposition of any issues impeding the flow of materials required to meet business demands
- Establish optimal supply chain arrangement for every component requirement.
- Interpret MRD output and place purchase orders.
- Implement supply chain strategy through Warehousing and Planning at the part number level of detail.
- Trouble shoot supply chain issues and implement corrective action.
- Respond to daily shortage report.
- Purchase order administration and follow-up.
- Assist Accounts Payable in resolving related issues
- Complete tasks and special projects as assigned
- Expedite purchase orders based on input from project teams.
- Expedite problems with suppliers regarding costs, quality, quantity and delivery of goods.
- Continuously maintain accurate ERP records with vendor master, item masters, and fully understand MRD for full achievement of reporting features tied to supply chain roles.
- Monitors orders in process to keep informed of manufacturing status and initiates the necessary steps to maintain conformity with schedules.
- Day-to-day interface with operations to ensure readiness and release of product.
- Analyzes inventory variances, identifies root causes and provides effective corrective action.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Experience with a minimum of 5 years in Purchasing within a manufacturing environment.
- Sound working knowledge of Excel, Word, Office, Power Point, and ERP systems required.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.