Quality CoordinatorApply Job ID REF2704N Date posted 06/07/2021 Address 14050 West Lambs Lane, Libertyville, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Utilize inspection processes and tools to ensure the quality of assembled products and associated components. Run precision measurement equipment and programs to verify part conformity. Track analyze and report on materials, processes and products to ensure adherence to quality standards and expectations.
- Coordinate Quality’s role in the Supplied Part Approval Process:
- Provide quality-related input during Print Reviews
- Perform first article and production batch inspections
- Create and maintain Methods of Inspection documentation
- Approve supplier QA/QC plans, Gage R&Rs, capability studies
- Maintain approval records and communicate results
- Lead the resolution of issues relating to nonconforming parts
- Work with the Assembly and Engineering teams to diagnose and resolve issues with products, fixtures, and components using root cause analysis and inspection skills to verify dimensional conformance.
- Work with Sourcing and Suppliers to resolve component issues, coordinate the prompt disposition and processing of nonconforming parts.
- Consistently maintain MRB items and debit memos with reconciliation.
- Support the Quality Management System by maintaining all quality-related records and following the procedures necessary to maintain ISO certification.
- Inspect and test parts, assemblies and products using CMM and other metrology equipment such (i.e. go/no-go gauges, calipers, spring tester, hardness tester, Micro-Vu optical comparator, etc.).
- Design fixtures and methods of stabilizing parts for Micro-Vu and CMM inspections.
- Assess supplier PPAPs and MOI documentation for parts and assemblies.
- Participate in process audits quality planning and continuous improvement activities.
- Observe all safety policies and procedures and participate in the safety program.
- Actively seek opportunities to apply ITW Principles of 80/20, PLS, In-Lining, and USa to simplify processes and improve quality.
- Execute annual calibration plan for metrology equipment.
- Quality Orientation: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time for trends and opportunities.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge: Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Safety Awareness: Being aware of conditions that affect employee safety.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Associate degree required; Bachelors degree a plus
- 5 years minimum work experience in a QA/QC capacity
- Good oral and written communication ability
- Good scientific troubleshooting techniques
- Strong detail-oriented and organizational skills
- Proactive and systematic approach to problem resolution
- Strong computer background, MS applications
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints
- Working knowledge of GD&T system for defining and communicating engineering tolerances
- Experienced in utilizing various metrology equipment (i.e. Micro-Vu, optical comparator, hardness tester, spring tester, caliper, etc.) to complete daily inspections and measurements.
- Experience with CMM and PC-DMIS software, or the aptitude and desire to be immediately trained; CMM programming preferred, but not required
- Complete capability studies for current and new parts
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision while performing the duties of this job; the employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.