New Product Implementation ManagerApply Job ID REF8027T Date posted 09/26/2022 Address 14050 West Lambs Lane, Libertyville, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.5 billion in 2021. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. To learn more about the company and the ITW Business Model, visitwww.itw.com.
As a central component of ITW’s Construction segment the Global Tool Unit (GTU) innovates, develops, and manufactures best-in-class power fastening systems for the global marketplace, serving construction markets in North America, Europe, Asia, New Zealand and Australia. Our highly differentiated systems are specified to be used in a variety of applications including wood framing, wood trim, and steel to concrete installations
The Implementation Manager is the owner of bringing New Product Development (NPD) projects from the end of the Design Stage through to product launch, ie. the New Product Implementation (NPI) stage. Working closely with Engineering, Assembly, Quality, Procurement, Marketing, Finance, Sourcing and the customer, this role will be accountable for implementing NPI projects. Reporting to the NPI Manager currently are three NPI Engineers, a NPI Sourcing Analyst and a Supplier Quality Engineer. The role will report directly to the Global Director of Sourcing & Implementation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project owner of all NPI projects from Capex stage to Deploy into the market including managing team, timeline management, cross functional alignment and communication
- Implementation group leader with direct reports of Sourcing Analyst, three Implementation Engineers and a Supplier Quality Engineer. Managing and developing the NPI team as well as developing talent
- Accountable for all key deliverables of the NPI group including engineering functions, sourcing execution, supplier alignment, ensuring quality, BOM management and alignment with stakeholders
- Responsible for developing and executing timelines with focus on increasing speed to market whilst maintaining quality and cost
- Accountable for ensuring all part specifications are fully aligned with suppliers to ensure sample parts are accepted, dealing with supplier change requests, dimensional issues and quick issue resolution
- Engaged with Engineering in NPD process to ensure DFMA- Design for Manufacturing & Assembly
- Aligning with Operational teams (Procurement and Assembly) to set up Crawl, Walk & Run assemblies and ensuring part availability including accountability for ramp ups/down
- Driving best practices and innovative approaches into the process
- Bachelor’s degree required, Engineering/STEM based degree and/or Master’s degree a plus.
- 7+ years related experience in Project Management with a proven track record of successful project implementation. Project management certification a plus.
- 7+ years related experience in New Product Implementation experience in a manufacturing or product development environment preferred
- Related experience in Sourcing, Supply Chain or Engineering in a manufacturing or product development environment preferred
- Excel required and MS Project / Navision a Plus.
- Proven ability in creating, leading and driving cross functional teams/projects.
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated success in implementation of NPD projects
- Collaborative and Team Player
- Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to influence
- Engineering or technical background along with a technical curiosity
- Ability to analyze product costs and understand underlying cost drivers
- Domestic/International travel as needed or required. Ability to travel up to 20%.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.