Press Tool & Die Maker- 2nd shiftApply Job ID REF5462H Date posted 02/22/2022 Address 2001 Buck Lane, Lexington, KY Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
The heart and soul of ITW are the more than 48,000 hard-working and dedicated people around the world who thrive in the company’s decentralized entrepreneurial culture. ITW’s unique culture is a competitive advantage, and the company is working hard to make sure that its divisions continue to think and act like smaller companies. ITW businesses have significant flexibility within the framework of the ITW Business Model to customize their approach to best serve their customers and maximize performance. The foundation of our company is the ITW Business Model, a unique and differentiated set of core capabilities and business practices that comprises three key elements: ITW’s 80/20 Front to Back Process, customer-back innovation, and a decentralized entrepreneurial culture.
ITW North American Stamped Fastener Division, (NASF), serves the major OEMs and their tier suppliers in the North American automotive market. The division supplies stamped metal fasteners and engineered fastener assemblies that leverage our deep-draw stamping technologies. The annual revenue for the division is approximately $170M.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, NASF enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in N.A.
- Exchanging product, process, and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material, and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
Want to work for a solid company with growth opportunities and great people?
MONDAY - THURSDAY, 4:50 pm - 2:50 am, with some overtime (paid 30-minute lunch)
*This is a 2nd shift position but with training on 1st for a period of time*
Pay based on your skills and experience, Minimum pay is $26 +
Employee Performance and Recognition opportunities
Top-of-the-line Benefits, Wellness Discounts, Excellent 401k, Attractive Vacation Package, 11 paid holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, Scholarships, Tool Purchase Program
The Press Tool and Die Maker develops tooling requirements based on production needs and provides component design direction and support for current and potential projects/programs involving complex tolerances. Designs, reviews, tests, and maintains manufacturing processes. Investigates and resolves manufacturing-related issues. Develops, constructs, and alters a wide variety of jigs, fixtures, and gauges. Sharing of knowledge and partnering with other tool makers to train apprentices.
The successful candidate will be able to analyze and understand specifications and tolerances; set up and operate machine tools; study blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualize end-product. Works as a team and independently, handling projects deemed necessary.
- Employees will be required to work in all areas of the plant; temperatures will vary.
- Prolonged standing, crawling, kneeling, and walking while performing job assignments.
- Must be able to lift 45 lbs.
- Safety toed/ slip-resistant shoes, safety glasses, and earplugs are required on the plant floor.
- Minimum of high school education or equivalent or associate’s degree; and/or technical training certification and 3 years’ experience, which includes apprentice training in mechanical drawing, tool designing, shop theory, blueprint reading, heat treating, and other metalworking with a journeyman tool and die maker is required.
- Knowledge in SPC (statistical process control), preferred.
- Must possess mechanical aptitude with the ability to use hand and measuring tools in fitting and assembly operations, as well as operate drill press, manual milling machine, lathe, grinders, and other mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of tool and die design and construction; metal properties; and layout, machining, and assembly procedures.
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively with all levels of employees is required.
Pre-employment background and physical/drug screening with any job offer.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.