Press OperatorApply Job ID REF2047J Date posted 03/23/2021 Address 2001 Buck Lane, Lexington, KY Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
The heart and soul of ITW are the more than 48,000 hard-working and dedicated people around the world who thrive in the company’s decentralized entrepreneurial culture. ITW’s unique culture is a competitive advantage, and the company is working hard to make sure that its divisions continue to think and act like smaller companies. ITW businesses have significant flexibility within the framework of the ITW Business Model to customize their approach in order to best serve their customers and maximize performance. The foundation of our company is the ITW Business Model, a unique and differentiated set of core capabilities and business practices that comprises three key elements: ITW’s 80/20 Front to Back Process, customer-back innovation and a decentralized entrepreneurial culture.
ITW North American Stamped Fastener Division, (NASF), serves the major OEMs and their tier suppliers in the North American automotive market. The division supplies stamped metal fasteners and engineered fastener assemblies that leverage our deep-draw stamping technologies. The annual revenue for the division is approximately $170M.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry-leading research and development capabilities, NASF enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in N.A.
- Exchanging product, process, and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, materials and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The position of Press Operator will perform production operations involving complex multi-slide machines. Tasks involve trimming, punching, shaping, notching, drawing, crimping metal, adjusting and fitting parts to very close tolerances, making equipment adjustments, and performing minor repairs.
- Assembles, installs and aligns dies in press according to specifications.
- Positions workpiece against fixtures or stops on machine bed or on die.
- Starts press and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
- Inspects workpieces for conformance to specifications and adjusts the machine to correct errors. Isolates non-conforming product.
- Cleans and lubricates machines and maintains work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Positions and clamps feed guide.
- Thread metal strip from payout reel through pinch rollers or loads hopper or conveyor with metal blanks.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and organized work environment at all times.
- Label, scan, and move products per specifications.
- Completes all paperwork as required
- Performance to comply with all company Procedures, Policies, Work Instructions, and TS16949/EMS-14001 requirements.
- Participate in team activities as required (Such as Audits, Corrective Actions, 5s,)
- Participate in training production employees as needed
- Follow all rules, regulations, and work processes set forth by the company
- Other duties as deemed necessary to meet the needs of the business
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior manufacturing or other experience involving use or operation of equipment is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Fork Trucks and able to keep certification.
- Employee should have the manual dexterity to work with small parts and be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively with all levels of employees is required.
- Must have the ability to operate all machines in the department and demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills and various software systems (Microsoft/email) for logging and tracking results.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.