Mechanical Engineer IIIApply Job ID REF3229B Date posted 08/03/2021 Address 8860 207th Street West, Lakeville, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Electronics Assembly Equipment (EAE) Division is made up of four brands strongly recognized by Contract Manufacturers and OEM’s in the Electronics and Industrial Markets. The Division designs, develops, manufactures, and markets capital equipment primarily used in the assembly process of Printed Circuit Boards (PCB’s) and other industrial applications. In 2020 the Division had revenues above $185M and is positioned for above market rates of growth.
This position supports Despatch Thermal Processing Technology, specifically high performance industrial ovens and other thermal products. This individual performs high-level mechanical engineering assignments of wide complexity under general direction with considerable discretion as to work details. Designs, fabricates, modifies and evaluates complex mechanical and electromechanical devices or systems. Performs developmental and/or test work which requires a comprehensive knowledge of mechanical engineering theory and design. Analyzes, develops and recommends design approaches necessary to meet production requirements for new or improved products and/or processes.
Essential Functions of the Job (responsibilities):
- Maintains full responsibility for planning, organizing and conducting technical projects within the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of mechanical and electromechanical apparatus, components and processes.
- Conceives and plans projects involving exploration of product and/or process problems, definition and selection of new concepts and approaches to the design or development of new or improved products and processes.
- Conducts independent technical investigations involving the application of a wide variety of mechanical engineering principles in the origination or modification of materials, components or process specifications and requirements.
- Responsible for completion of equipment orders to prescribed technical specifications and cost goals.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering and minimum 8-10 years of applicable experience.
- Industrial heat processing experience, including heat transfer and thermodynamics, is required
- Precision machine design experience is required.
- Sheet metal design and fabrication experience is required.
- Experience with Solidworks CAD package - experience with additional CAD packages such as Mechanical Desktop or ProEngineer is a plus.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, and proven ability to work well at all levels in the organization, including production.
- Computer skills should include basic PC operation within a MS Windows environment. Specific application experience includes MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Normal working conditions involve seated computer work and occasional operation and work on company equipment/products.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.