Customer Service EngineerApply Job ID REF6753A Date posted 06/03/2022 Address 8860 207th Street West, Lakeville, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a global industrial company centered on a differentiated and proprietary business model. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s more than 43,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in our decentralized, entrepreneurial culture. In 2022, the company achieved revenues of $14.5 billion, with roughly half coming from outside North America. To learn more, please visit www.itw.com.
ITW Electronics Assembly Equipment (EAE) Division is made up of four brands strongly recognized by Contract Manufacturers and OEM’s in the Electronics and Industrial Markets. The Division designs, develops, manufactures, and markets capital equipment primarily used in the assembly process of Printed Circuit Boards (PCB’s) and other industrial applications. In 2021 the Division had revenues above $200M and is positioned for above market rates of growth.
This position supports Despatch Thermal Processing Technology, specifically high-performance industrial ovens and other thermal products. The Customer Service Engineer is the first point of contact (via phone, email, or on-site visits) for external customers and distributors seeking technical assistance with equipment issues and spare parts needs. As the key person assisting our customers in maintaining high levels of equipment productivity and knowledge, this role has high visibility within the organization and directly impacts customer satisfaction and loyalty. This role is not associated with IT (Information Technology) support.
- Provide technical expertise and support to customers, Field Service Engineers, Third Party Service Provides and other global technical customer support personnel in troubleshooting (fault isolation) equipment issues on all Despatch thermal oven products.
- Escalate more complex customer issues as needed to the appropriate teams for timely resolution.
- Assist customers with general technical product information, parts identification, and training requests.
- Provide feedback to Engineering on high failure components.
- Review and recommend critical spare parts inventory for global hubs to reduce customer machine down time.
- Log Out of Box Quality (OOBQ) issues reported by Field Service, 3rd party service partners or customers for factory quality review.
- Estimate and quote field service opportunities.
- Work with the Field Service Manager to promptly coordinate and schedule on-site service.
- Compose training materials, technical FAQ’s, solutions, and canned responses to support customers.
- Perform all other functions requested that are within the scope of this job, and as deemed necessary or appropriate by the organization manager.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
- AA/AS Degree (BA/BS Desired) in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering or with 2+ years’ experience in a related technical support role.
- Certified training or 2+ years’ experience in electro-mechanical assemblies and basic maintenance.
- Excellent fault isolation ability.
- Strong mechanical, electrical, and computer competency.
- Strong customer sensitivity and relationship skills.
- Understanding of customer retention concepts.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with the following tools highly desirable: Microsoft Office, Auto Cad, SolidWorks, DraftSight, or equivalents.
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
Candidates must be able to travel to the production facility in Lakeville, MN for initial training and onboarding. The total time needed will depend on experience. Additional travel may be needed to occasionally support a customer in the field or for additional training at the manufacturing facility.
Working conditions involve seated computer work and occasional operation and work on company equipment/products. requires 50% sitting, 20% standing, 10% bending, 10% walking and 10% light lifting up to 25 pounds. A valid passport is required.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.