Automation TechnicianApply Job ID REF3512Y Date posted 08/31/2021 Address 14 Brook St, Lakeville, CT Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
The foundation of our company is the ITW Business Model, a unique and differentiated set of core capabilities and business practices that comprises three key elements: ITW’s 80/20 Front to Back Process, customer-back innovation and a decentralized entrepreneurial culture. Our strategy is to leverage the full potential of the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns. ITW is committed to operational excellence and innovation that helps our customers create the products and services that make our lives better.
The Automation Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and performing preventative maintenance of all machinery and equipment to maintain efficient daily operation of automated assembly equipment. The Automation Technician troubleshoots and repairs robotics, electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems, and electro-mechanical control systems, and supports the Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based control systems.
- Install, maintain, and repair production machinery and equipment. Closure of maintenance work orders.
- Plan maintenance and repair procedures. This will include power, electric, and electronic control. Diagnose problems. Determine what repairs are required and what equipment, supplies, and skills are needed to complete the repairs.
- Draft and submit material requisition or make components for assigned repairs.
- Operate machine tools as required to install and repair equipment.
- Assist with the development of a preventive maintenance (PM) program. This will include suggestions of PM schedules for equipment and execution of the program.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area for all employees.
- Train new/current employee in basic machine operations to increase machine knowledge to maximize utilization; relieves operators as necessary.
- Recommend cost saving improvements, labor and ergonomic improvements.
- Ensure comprehensive and complete communication with oncoming shift.
- Maintain compliance with IATF 16949, ISO, and Safety Policies/Standards.
- Reads, understands and follows diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications to repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as, but not limited to, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Dismantles machines or equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts, replaces defective parts and motors, and adjusts feed mechanisms. Replaces or repairs machine belts. Performs these duties with the aid of such equipment as hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools.
- Document all work in a neat and legible manner. Ensure that all documents are kept in accordance with department procedures.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by management or as the situation requires.
- High school diploma required; plus technical courses preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of automation equipment repair and maintenance experience required
- Excellent mechanical ability; PLC and vision system experience preferred
- Experienced in general mechanical maintenance of production machinery to include reading blueprints, pneumatics, hydraulics, and ordering machine parts
- Possess minimum knowledge of electrical wiring repairs and installation, AC/DC controls, blueprints, schematic diagrams, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- Ability to use a variety of small hand tools, power tools, hoists, and material handling equipment
- Team-player who demonstrates comfortability working in a team-based environment, and will possess good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with varying levels of employees with focus on customer service
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude with a continuous improvement mindset and energy, passion, and enthusiasm
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Computer literary required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.