Applications Engineer IIApply Job ID REF3228U Date posted 08/03/2021 Address 8860 207th Street West, Lakeville, MN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Electronics Assembly Equipment (EAE) Division is made up of four brands strongly recognized by Contract Manufacturers and OEM’s in the Electronics and Industrial Markets. The Division designs, develops, manufactures, and markets capital equipment primarily used in the assembly process of Printed Circuit Boards (PCB’s) and other industrial applications. In 2020 the Division had revenues above $185M and is positioned for above market rates of growth.
Intermediate level position in the application engineering career field. The individual is required to have good customer interaction skills and should show the previous experience of interacting with customers, and project management expertise. General knowledge of electrical/mechanical machinery, preferably in the heat processing or related industry is required. The individual must have solid communication, time management and project management skills. The successful candidate will be passionate about technology, thrive on customer interaction and have the ability to multi-task. The position is responsible for providing timely creative applications support to customers and channel partners for the Despatch portfolio of products.
Essential function of the job (responsibilities):
- · Experience in applications engineering specific to capital equipment
- · Working knowledge of electrical/mechanical machinery
- · Knowledge of manufacturing engineering procedures.
- · Knowledge of factory information/automation systems (MES, FIS, SECS/GEM,…) is a plus.
- · Intermediate test and debug skills in hardware, software, and mechanics.
- · Strong written communications skills, including engineering test procedure, plans, reports and operating manuals.
- · Build relationships at Despatch / ITW EAE’s key customers
- Assist Channel Partners (sales agents) in sales calls with customers at Despatch / ITW EAE sites and customer sites by presenting product features, functions and benefit’s
- Work closely with existing and potential channel partners on opportunities and promote the Despatch product line offerings for solutions.
- Identify gaps in equipment / options offering to primary markets.
- Provides Sales support to customers, prospects and Despatch / ITW EAE personnel
- Evaluate product & service marketability in terms of customers’ technical needs
- Remain current in industry trends and technical developments affecting target markets
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers
- Provide input into sales strategies as required (segmentation to target account)
- Assist in the development of sales tools, including: Datasheets, ROI calculators, Product presentations, Application Notes, and Product Roadmap Presentations
- Product and process-related sales channel training and ongoing capability communications (partnering with Marketing Services team).
- RFQ Generation and Sales Order Preparation
- Contribution to lead development and distribution of sales leads
- CRM (Salesforce.com) workflow rules, process automation and report generation
- CRM (Salesforce.com) liaison, administration and training
- Monitor and enforce CRM processes and utilization
- Integration of critical CRM applications (Conga, email, Action Grid)
- Development and maintenance of quote templates and price-books
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be occasionally assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years technical sales and/or relevant technical experience
- Engineering degree preferred
- Understanding of the heat processing or other capital equipment industry. Knowledge of Electronics, Optical, Medical Device and materials markets desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sales negotiation skills
- Ability to work well with people.
Domestic and international travel up to 25%. A valid passport is required.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.