Technical Training InstructorApply Job ID REF5815B Date posted 03/21/2022 Address 3606 Craftsman Boulevard, Lakeland, FL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1903, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200, diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW is one of the most globally respected and successful diversified industrial manufacturers of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. With 83 divisions across seven segments worldwide, and more than 48,000 employees, ITW has a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets generating over $13 billion in revenue.
ITW Professional Automotive Products (ProAP) specializes in the manufacture of automotive service products including automotive maintenance chemicals, equipment, and wiper blades. The division manufacturers and markets the Wynn’s and Rain-X Professional brands. The selling channel is primarily the DIFM new car dealership arena. Major business segments include: New Car Dealers, Tire-Muffler-Brake and Quick-Lube stores and chains. The Manufacturing site is located in Lakeland, Florida.
The Technical Training Manager is a subject matter expert on design, develop and training of products and equipment as well as markets, applications, and customers. This role’s primary function will be to utilize the combination of training and marketing techniques to drive sales results with an emphasis on increasing customer satisfaction. This will be achieved by providing regular support to ProAP Customers and the Sales Team, working jointly with the Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, R & D Engineering, and Operations groups. In addition, the Technical Training Manager has first level of responsibility for achieving product and equipment margins consistent with company goals.
This role requires knowledge of ProAP’s systems, processes and products. They must also have exceptional organizational ability, multi-tasking ability, have a high sense of urgency, and maintain a positive can-do attitude. Key success factors will be utilizing organizational and program management skills and demonstrating the ability to work with members of cross-functional teams on a routine basis. The Technical Training Manager reports to the Customer Sales Excellence Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in, and conducts technical training programs
- Determines training objectives
- Writes professional training programs, including outlines, text, handouts, manuals, tests and design hands on exercises.
- Lectures class on safety, installation, programming, maintenance, and repair of software, machinery and equipment, following outlines, handouts and texts.
- Administers written and practical exams and writes performance report to evaluate trainees’ performance.
- Ability to successful teach in mixed knowledge environments classroom sizes up to 30 plus people (in class and virtual ) who have a variety technical expertise and ability.
- Assist in development and management of Wynns University
- Develop articles, papers, and materials to give presentations at tradeshows, meetings and other venues related to growth and business.
- Provide high level of support to customer and peers related to technical challenges
- Implement training programs to directly impact the success of product growth
- Design and build technical training programs from conception to implementation
- Lead in project management associated with technical training
- Interpret and transfer knowledge of complex training information
- Initiates maintaining up to date knowledge of tools, products and techniques
- Must be a Certified ASE Technician
- Specialized training or an Associate's degree, along with a minimum of three years of relevant experience, is required to be considered for this position.
- Strong customer service skills with a high level of professionalism.
- Experience in delivering training in classroom, hand-on settings and virtual.
- Experience with resolving technical issues in a highly sensitive environment.
- Able to communicate effectively among team members in a culturally diverse environment
- Innovative thinking with past successful examples.
- Travel as needed to support the business, up to 75%.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a high degree of initiative, creativity, and problem-solving ability.
- Must have the ability to translate and transfer information to successful application purposes.
- Must be a person of influence and approachability
- Working knowledge of Wynns equipment
- Ability to lead and make contributions to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, desire to learn, and an effective team player in a global environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical report writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Must show the strong sense of urgency required in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Job description should not be construed to include every function or responsibility that may arise. Successful candidates will perform tasks as assigned or as deemed necessary in the course of day-to-day operations.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) at no cost after one year.
ITW is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.