Research & Development Chemist Internship Summer '22 LakelandApply Job ID REF6078R Date posted 04/09/2022 Address 3606 Craftsman Boulevard, Lakeland, FL Job Type Part-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1903, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200, diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW is one of the most globally respected and successful diversified industrial manufacturers of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. With 83 divisions across seven segments worldwide, and more than 48,000 employees, ITW has a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets generating over $13 billion in revenue.
ITW Professional Automotive Products (ProAP) specializes in the manufacture of automotive service products including automotive maintenance chemicals, equipment, and wiper blades. The division manufacturers and markets the Wynn’s and Rain-X Professional brands. The selling channel is primarily the DIFM new car dealership arena. Major business segments include: New Car Dealers, Tire-Muffler-Brake and Quick-Lube stores and chains. The Manufacturing site is located in Lakeland, Florida.
This role’s primary function will be to collect, test, analyze, record and report results of test. This will be achieved by following established procedures and regulations when collecting testing and reporting. In addition, the Lab Tech Intern is expected to have results ready for production to meet scheduled demand.
This role requires knowledge of ProAP’s systems, processes and products. They must also have exceptional organizational ability, multi-tasking ability, have a high sense of urgency, and maintain a positive can-do attitude. Key success factors will be utilizing organizational and program management skills and demonstrating the ability to work with members of cross-functional teams on a routine basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out assigned tests with minimal supervision and properly document all results and/or observations.
- Follow predefined testing procedures and methods.
- Runs analytical or other testing equipment.
- Test in-coming raw materials and assign appropriate labels.
- Analyze quality control samples throughout process.
- Respond appropriately to production priorities.
- Perform some troubleshooting of nonconforming batches.
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory instrumentation.
- Perform assigned Quality Check on the production line.
- Prioritize and complete tasks assigned by the Lab Manager.
- Follow company security policies. Protect all test data and company property.
- Understand and follow all safety rules and procedures.
- Follow document control procedures for record retention
- Other duties assigned
- Currently enrolled in college studying Science (Chemistry, Physics, Math and or Engineering
- Familiarity with design techniques and understanding visual elements
- Proficient with MS Office -Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- A keen eye for detail
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Creative skills and problem solving aptitude
- Regularly required to talk or hear; use hands and fingers, prolonged sitting, repetitive computer use
- Strong attention to detail, positive attitude and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to write read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to perform basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables in standardized situations.
Job description should not be construed to include every function or responsibility that may arise. Successful candidates will perform tasks as assigned or as deemed necessary in the course of day-to-day operations.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) at no cost after one year.
ITW is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.