Software EngineerApply Job ID REF6712Z Date posted 05/28/2022 Address 41 Waukegan Road, Lake Bluff, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 80+ years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
Buehler’s parent company, ITW, is a Fortune 200 global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong returns across worldwide platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
This key Software Engineer position at Buehler will be developing, testing and maintaining software which connects to and controls laboratory instrumentation machines. This position will involve daily local and international interaction with software, electrical, and mechanical engineers to develop top-notch software and equipment. The candidate must be detail-oriented, well-organized, and enjoy working at a fast pace.
- Creatively implement user stories to provide customers a great user experience
- Participate in technical roadmap development for multiple software platforms
- Strategically look for ways to integrate and simplify software functionality across platforms
- Exercise best practices and methodologies for software development
- Debug complex application problems and produce quality software documentation and unit tests
- Occasionally work directly with customers to troubleshoot issues
- Responsbile for projects that will require weekly in-office collaboration with our machinery and engineering teams
- BS degree (or equivalent experience) in engineering, computer science, or related field
- Drive to produce an amazing product, and the ability to work well with others, as well as independently
- Proven software development expertise in C++, C#, or similar language
- Proficient in the use of compilers, debuggers, and other software development tools
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Ability to work closely with non-technical product teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Computer vision & image processing
- Interest in AI and machine learning
- Embedded software
- Multithreading and asynchronous programming
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at buehlerHR@buehler.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.