CNC Prototype MachinistApply Job ID REF7567A Date posted 08/16/2022 Address 41 North Waukegan Road, Lake Bluff, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Buehler, a division of Illinois Tool Works, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 80+ years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
Buehler’s parent company, ITW, is a Fortune 200 global diversified industrial manufacturer of value-added consumables and specialty equipment with related service businesses. The Company focuses on profitable growth with strong returns across worldwide platforms and businesses. The businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
The Prototype Machinist supports the Engineering team through the fabrication, building, testing, troubleshooting and modification of prototype products and testers.
- Fabricate, modify, and assemble mechanical components for Engineering and Production
- Fabricate, build, and operate test mechanisms in collaboration with Engineers
- Develop, fabricate, and build assembly and test fixtures in collaboration with Engineers
- Manage prototype product testing programs in collaboration with Engineers, including reporting data and maintaining test environments
- Operate Haas CNC milling machine including CAD/CAM programming and tooling setup
- Set up and operate manual milling machine, lathe, and other fabrication tools
- Manage Engineering model shop including maintenance of equipment, tooling, and supplies
- Manage Engineering model shop schedule in coordination with Manager, Production lead, and Project leads
- Manage Engineering model shop safety program, including PPE and training requirements
- Participate in the product development process and provide input during concept development and feasibility testing
- Assess manufacturability of new designs and provide improvement feedback to Engineers
- Minimum 5 years of direct work experience fabricating machined parts on vertical mill and lathe
- Minimum 2 years of direct experience programming CNC milling machines
- Ability to read and interpret engineering technical drawings including dimensions and tolerances
- Basic working knowledge of 3D CAD to support CAM programming activities
- Collaborative approach to problem-solving with technical and non-technical team members.
- Comfortable accepting direction from Engineers or Project Leads and then working independently to complete projects and tasks according to schedule.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to work over-time if required
- Shift: Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- 7.5% 401k match
- 4 weeks of paid time off
- 10 paid company holidays
- Recognition program
- Competitive health insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at buehlerHR@buehler.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.