Assembler, ProductionApply Job ID REF7625I Date posted 08/18/2022 Address 41 North Waukegan Road, Lake Bluff, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.5 billion in 2021. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
Buehler, a division of ITW, is a leading manufacturer of scientific equipment and supplies for use in material analysis. Over the past 80+ years, Buehler has established sales, manufacturing and laboratory services located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Comprised of world-class products and brands, such as Wilson Hardness, Buehler continues a long history of providing market-leading technology to support our customers in their sample preparation and material analysis applications.
This position is responsible for the assembly of complex machinery and equipment. Assemblers' primary job functions are to read and comprehend assembly work instructions while using an assortment of standardized handheld tools, electric power tools, and precision measuring devices. Related tasks and responsibilities also include following the Kanban card process for lineside material replenishment. Processing the release of work orders/closure of released work orders. Performing end-of-line testing/machine calibration in accordance with Buehler’s quality and engineering standards and ensuring that all nonconforming build materials get rejected and documented within Buehler’s internal reject tag database.
- Assemble and calibrate machinery according to standardized work instructions, engineering blueprints, and exploded view engineering diagrams.
- Follow standardized end of line testing procedures to verify machines operate properly before being sent out to customers.
- Operates heavy lifting equipment occasionally.
- Follow assembly floor safety rules and regulations.
- Releases workorders and closes released workorders to transact finished goods into inventory.
- Performs visual inspections on build components for defects related to the fit, form, or function.
- Reject and formally documents all nonconforming material following Buehler's internal reject tag process.
- Works within a team environment to execute weekly production schedules efficiently and effectively.
- Prepares all required packing materials and packages finished good machines.
- Performs basic troubleshooting steps to diagnose issues with machinery being built on the line.
- Escalates high level quality concerns, or machinery malfunctions to team leads or engineering support groups.
- Follows the Kanban card process for material replenishment process.
- Follows 5S standards by maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- High school diploma, GED, or postsecondary technical certificates/associates degree preferred.
- 1 year of mechanical assembly experience with an understanding of basic hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring equipment including calipers, micrometers, and torque wrenches.
- Strong communication skills with an attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge for diagnosing mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Base line awareness of lean manufacturing systems and processes preferred.
- Basic computer skills such as emailing, record keeping, inventory management and form filing.
- Ability to occasionally lift between 5lbs-50lbs.
- Ability to stand for lengthy periods of time
- Shift: Monday - Friday 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- 7.5% 401k match
- 4 weeks of paid time off
- 10 paid company holidays
- Recognition program
- Competitive health insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at buehlerHR@buehler.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.