Facilities Manager - ManufacturingApply Job ID REF3554P Date posted 09/07/2021 Address 111 West Park Drive, Kalkaska, MI Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune’s Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues totaled $14.1 billion in 2019.
ITW Specialty Films designs, manufactures and markets specialized coated and/or metalized films for the Card, Security, and Medical markets. The division leverages unique core competencies and technologies in films, foils, laminates, holography and transfers to address customer needs globally. Operates in 5 locations (NA & EU).
Under direction of the Operations Manager, performs and manages a variety of process engineering, plant, safety and maintenance related activities, which may include preparing capital projects. The Facilities Manager supports 80/20 initiatives, annual planning, and assures the business meets or exceeds their agreed upon goals and objectives. These goals and objectives relate to facilities projects, safety, environmental management, capital investments, continuous improvement, and optimization of assets.
Responsible for planning and coordinating the design, maintenance, construction, renovation, and repair of all facilities and equipment at the site. Manages maintenance personnel and guides them on determining priorities, when to outsource, and where and when to adjust PM programs.
The individual will drive related responsibilities while collaborating with site leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. EHS and Regulatory Compliance
- Support and collaborate with leadership on OSHA-based safety programs, managing applicable regulatory compliance, training, and inspections.
- Support, advise and implement on divisional safety initiatives as well as all other safety programs.
- Oversee the company environmental compliance to EPA and other environmental agencies regulations, rules and standards. This includes hazardous waste reporting requirements/management, environmental permits and compliance, DOT and RCRA training requirements.
- Manage the facility, maintenance and project engineering functions including all equipment repair/preventative maintenance, facility infrastructure, HVAC, electrical, grounds, etc.
- Recommends maintenance, mechanical, electrical, and facility design modifications to increase safety, reliability and/or achieve cost savings.
- Manage emergency equipment inspections, preventative maintenance and compliance testing.
- Manage work by vendors and contractors. Manage and review service contracts.
- Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections as required by company policy, state and federal regulations.
3. Production Equipment
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the company's manufacturing capability.
- Lead and assist in installation, PM, repair, removal, or transfer of equipment.
- Define, implement and maintain process documentation associated with operating production equipment.
- Support the Manufacturing teams to ensure that best practices are shared across the site.
- Collaboratively support improvements and issues with associated production, process, quality, and operations personnel.
4. Talent Management
- Cultivate and reinforce within the maintenance staff a culture of engagement and creative problem solving.
- Guide individual development to match interests of individual and needs of business.
- Make recommendations for the size and skillsets of the team of direct reports that best aligns with the needs of the business.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related degree preferred. Related combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Five to eight years progressive and successful related facilities and maintenance experience is required. Experience in web coating, converting, chemicals, and interfacing with manufacturing operation ideal.
- Experience should include related manufacturing processes, projects to reduce product cost, improving efficiency, and reducing complexity.
- High level of success in estimating, budgeting, scheduling, and driving projects to completion on time and within budget.
- Safety training and experience ideal.
- Continuous improvement training/background a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written format with MS Office and presentation software expertise.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Working Conditions and Requirements
- Work is normally performed primarily Monday through Friday in an office environment. Evening and weekend hours may be required as needed.
- Exposure to potential physical risk on plant floor from mechanical and electrical equipment. Strict adherence to company and regulatory safety requirements is required.
- Ability to occasionally stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to travel and work various hours as necessary to support business/site initiatives.
ITW Specialty Films' employees enjoy a full benefit package which includes medical plan options, dental, prescription drug, vision, 401(k) with a company match, life insurance, wellness programs, career-related tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, 12 paid holidays per year, vacation and sick time starting in year of hire, and a corporate matching gift program for charitable donations!
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.