Machine Operator $16 per hour + 10% Shift DifferentialApply Job ID REF3609L Date posted 09/10/2021 Address 1140 Bryn Mawr Avenue, Itasca, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $12.6 billion in 2020. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
Hi-Cone, a division of ITW, is a leading supplier of plastic-based multi-packaging systems for global beer, soft drink and general products industries. We are advocates of packaging alternatives that generate sustained margin contributions for our customers and major retailers. Our customers demand maximum quality, exceptional value, market performances and innovation. We meet those demands by offering cost-effective minimal packaging responsive to environmental concerns.
Perform duties to start-up and operate automated machines assuring continuous compliance with customer specifications and safe manufacturing work practices. This is an entry level Machine Operator position.
2nd Shift: Work week starts at 3 pm on Tuesday and ends at 11 pm on Saturday.
3rd Shift: Workweek starts at 11 pm on Tuesday and ends at 7 am on Sunday
Work from Production Reports, Drawings and Quality Inspection Sheets.
- Select material according to gauge, width and color
- Load and unload material from the machine.
- Adjust machine, inspect materials per specifications according to print and make adjustments to maintain quality.
- Adjust straightness of material for proper cut.
- Clean machines as necessary.
- Visually inspect and measure product with specified instruments for compliance with customer and manufacturing specifications.
- Assemble finished product package, loads unitized pallet, obtain and apply accurate label information on pallets.
- Identify defects in material.
- Maintain daily production log of output and scrap and record accurate measurements and other quality control data.
- Move scrap material to the Regrind Room and load material into grinders.
- Perform specified housekeeping tasks on each shift.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Some manufacturing experience preferred.
- Basic Math (addition and division); Use of basic measuring tools - required
- Control Panel operation – preferred
- Basic Blueprints understanding- preferred
Pallet jack, scales, fixtures, reel and fanfold automatic punch presses, grinding machines, fanfold splicing machine.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
Physical requirements include good speaking, hearing and vision ability, good manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry on average between 25 and 60 pounds up to 5 hours per shift.
Work is performed in a typical manufacturing environment. Safety glasses are required in the facility. Hearing protection is required in the facility. Safety gloves are required. Hard toe shoes are required in the facility. Facility is temperature controlled. Position will require overtime work at the discretion of management to meet customer and production requirements.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.