Machine/Equipment Operator IApply Job ID REF6973H Date posted 06/24/2022 Address 1349 Bryn Mawr Avenue, Itasca, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Imagine working for a company that offers advancement opportunities, competitive wages and comprehensive benefits, then look no further!
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
JOIN OUR TEAM! ITW has an exciting career opportunity at our Production facility located at 1349 W. Bryn Mawr Ave, Itasca, IL.
1st Shift | Monday - Friday | 5:00am-1:30pm
- Starting hourly rate $17.25+ (based on experience) and $3,000 Sign-On Bonus payable in (2) installments.
ITW Residential & Renovation offers a broad range of professional grade anchoring tools and fasteners for numerous construction applications. Our products include wood to wood fastening systems (Paslode), structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), underlayment screws (Rock-On®, Backer-On®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). ITW Residential & Renovation excels in meeting the growing demands from end-users for high-quality home improvement and construction fastening products. Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use.
This position is responsible for the setup, operation, and preventative maintenance of equipment in order to produce according to quality specifications in an efficient and safe manner.
- Performs setup and operates a variety of in-lined equipment to cold head, point and thread-roll fasteners for commercial construction applications.
- Maintains machinery through preventive maintenance
- Performs quality checks in adherence to specifications sheets; will also be responsible for documentation.
- Drives safety practices and procedures including identifying safety hazards.
- Ensures all housekeeping practices and procedures are met
- Performs 5-S activities and improvements as required
- Works with other team members and participates in team events and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred but not required.
- At least one year of experience in high-volume manufacturing highly preferred (e.g. equipment setup/operation/changeover, use of measurement tools and knowledge of preventive maintenance)
- Willing to work assigned shift with some mandatory overtime including weekends
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand basic machinery
- Prior experience with hand tools (e.g. wrenches)
- Ability to recognize and identify parts, problems, and offer resolution
- Ability to read blueprints / specification sheets and follow instructions
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must have reliable transportation as this job will require travel between Roselle and Itasca
- Successfully complete on-the-job training (blueprint reading and measurement tools)
- General housekeeping duties
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, within typical manufacturing and warehouse working conditions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to fumes, heat and dust, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is high when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to grip, grasp, reach, push and pull with hands and arms, walk, stand, speak and listen, climb, kneel, bend, sit, mount and dismount power industrial vehicle and able to walk on hard surfaces such as concrete. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.