BuyerApply Job ID REF5740V Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 1349 Bryn Mawr Avenue, Itasca, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
The Buyer takes a leading role in CCNA's procurement process to ensure a cost effective, non-interrupted flow of material to support our internal and external customer demand. This role involves significant supplier interaction and collaboration with internal stakeholders which includes strategic sourcing, supplier and contract negotiation, project management, cost management, supplier relationship management and supplier compliance. The individual will effectively apply the ITW Toolbox to the entire procurement and supplier management process.
- Execute / Analyze MRD and issuance of purchase or production orders to suppliers.
- Develop and manage networks of vendors and suppliers to ensure consistent supplies and competitive prices.
- Support engineering team for new business, product launches, approval expectations, and new innovations.
- Develop working relationships with manufacturing site to understand plant needs and expectations.
- Analyze existing internal and external data to communicate anomalies and opportunities for efficiencies.
- Provide comprehensive analysis to support supply chain solutions.
- Provide cross-functional support by completing special assignments, perform data analysis and provide historical and future data.
- Utilize ITW Toolbox to streamline processes, maintain suitable inventory and eliminate waste.
- Become an expert in the ITW Toolbox and proficient at conducting continuous improvement activities to improve Supply Chain processes.
- Communicate with various functional teams within all facilities, as well as provide up to date information, resolving processing issues.
- Analyze metrics to identify data trends and make strategic recommendations for continuous improvement of Supply Chain activities.
- Drive quality improvements with suppliers using various corrective action methods and support supplier development activities
- Assist in contract review along with the approval criteria, part routings and the implementation up to final phases of product realization.
- Working relationship with ITW Corporate Strategic Sourcing Team to support various initiatives relative to commodity.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Most of the time will be spent in the in an office setting. Must be able to perform complex tasks requiring independent knowledge and its application to non-routine situations. The noise level in the work environment is what you would normally expect in an office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger, grasp, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on Supply Chain, Business Administration or Operations required.
- 2+ years of experience in Supply Chain and or Procurement position.
- Manufacturing background preferred.
- Above average Excel Skills with ability to perform Advanced formulas, V-Lookups, pivot tables, knowledge of Power BI a plus.
- Knowledge of ERP Systems (SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, Navision....etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter, a team player, result oriented with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and make critical business decisions based on established metrics
- Highly analytical with proven success utilizing critical problem-solving skills and prioritization
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.