Accounting ManagerApply Job ID REF7544D Date posted 08/12/2022 Address 1349 Bryn Mawr Avenue, Itasca, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910.
As a key member of the finance team, the Accounting Manager reports to the Division Controller and holds responsibility over all accounting activities for the division. The Accounting Manager is responsible for driving the timely preparation of financial statements, reviewing, and monitoring internal controls, preparation of budgets and reporting of financial results to the appropriate level within the organization. The Accounting Manager manages a team of five and, as the local business partner, builds effective relationships to achieve division results, goals, and objectives. This position will be based at the Glenview IL location.
- Financial Planning & Reporting
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, and reporting for the organization.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business reports, annual budgets and/or reports required by corporate and/or regulatory agencies.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close in strict accordance with ITW Financial reporting policies (USGAAP).
- Effectively communicate and coordinate the exchange of financial information to key stakeholders (global finance team and local leadership team).
- Advise management team on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions; prepare ad-hoc analyses for local and Division management for use in decision making.
- Support Division Controller and leadership team to achieve division goals and objectives.
- Manage annual budgeting and forecasting processes along with monthly outlook updates for US units.
- Financial Records, Systems, Processes & Internal Controls
- Manage compliance to accounting policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Direct and manage Inventory, including a full understanding of the BOM’s and Product Costing, along with the Annual Standard Cost update, A/P, Banking Activities, Corporate Credit Cards, Fixed Asset, Payroll, and other administrative activities as assigned.
- Support ERP Management.
- Understand and apply ITW financial policies consistently and effectively. Ensures that accurate financial records and strong internal controls are in place and being followed.
- Document and monitor internal controls. Ensures that transactions are recorded in an efficient and timely manner.
- Coordinate internal and external audits as well as other corporate requests.
- Financial Analysis / Continuous Improvement
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed. Perform analytical reviews of data and explains variances against plan, outlook, and prior year.
- Apply the ITW Principles to eliminate complexity and improve profitability of the company. Participate in teams and play a lead role in the collection and analysis of data for these projects.
- Team Management & Development
- Manage a team of five.
- Identify, lead, and develop talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness and results. Fosters a culture of engagement and accountability.
- Coach through feedback, development planning and performance management.
- Provide training to new and existing staff and support them in their career goals.
- Use effective change management skills to effectively plan, implement, and evaluate change.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
Financial Leadership - Understands and applies ITW financial management concepts consistently, accurately and effectively.
Critical/Analytical Thinking - Analytical and inquisitive – able to explain the story behind the numbers, understand trends, and discern when something does not make sense.
Peeople Leadership – Manages & develops talent, affects change, and gains the respect of others
Communication - Demonstrates effective communication skills and escalates issues as appropriate.
Project Management/Toolbox - Uses 80/20 thinking and sound judgment to analyze processes, and identify and act upon opportunities to reduce complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required. MBA a plus, CPA preferred.
- 5-7 years of accounting experience including general and cost accounting with responsibility for Inventory Control, P&L Management, and Balance Sheet Management required; significant and relevant experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Minimum 2 years of managerial experience.
- Adept at creating budgets from the ground up and effectively managing to the established budget.
- Proven track record of effectively partnering with cross-functional team members at all levels, translating data into useful information about the business, and influencing strategic initiatives to drive operational/financial results.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external stakeholders along with the ability to work collaboratively with staff/colleagues to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent time management, prioritization abilities with streamlining/simplification mindset, and strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.