Region Operations ManagerApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF9595M Date posted 02/23/2024 Address 8120 Jetstar Drive, Irving, TX Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Hobart Service, an Illinois Tool Works Company, has been in business for over 125 years and is the trusted source for Commercial Food Equipment Service Solutions. We have over 1,700 associates nationwide who serve as valued partners to our customers. Our employees are dedicated to providing the best customer service, give back to the communities where they live and work, and demonstrate the ITW values of Integrity, Simplicity, Trust, Respect and Shared Risk.
The Region Operations Manager is responsible and accountable for leading and directing their assigned market area operations to achieve ongoing service revenue growth, profitability, and productivity, quality, and service levels.
This position will be responsible for the management and administration of general business operations for their market area. This position provides strategic leadership as well as the day to day management of a team of Branch and District Managers and Field Service Technicians.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing, maintaining, and managing a highly technical field service organization
- Oversight remote team of managers, field service technicians and office administrative staff
- Establishing and growing customer relationships
- Strategy focused on meeting or exceeding financial metrics
- Developing strategies and operation plans to address current and future business needs
- Understanding and anticipating customer expectations
- Talent development
- Increasing employee retention and engagement levels
Responsible for a $15-$40M budget, 3-7 cost centers, and 3-8 direct reports. Span of control is between 130-175 employees.
Other responsibilities or special projects not specifically listed may also be assigned.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities and carries out these responsibilities in accordance with ITW’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, coaching for performance, and resolving problems.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience;
8+ Years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree;
Previous management experience is required.
- 5+ Years of demonstrated proficiency as a Branch or District Manager
- Sales Strategy and Customer Development
- Knowledge of an Annual Operating Plan/Long Range Plan
- Experience managing a Profit & Loss statement, cost control, inventory management, customer facing metric management (KPI, etc.)
- Service/product knowledge for commercial food equipment
- Mechanical aptitude
Job —Specific Knowledge
To perform this job successfully, the individual needs to demonstrate knowledge of these areas as they relate to the primary functions of the job.
- Leadership – demonstrates strong strategic leadership skills across a team of varied skill sets and exempt/non-exempt status (e.g. coaching, talent development, performance management, discipline, etc.)
- Finance & Accounting – Intermediate knowledge of financial drivers of a business (e.g. analysis of financial statements, setting and administering a budget, expense control, pay practices and laws, etc.)
- Sales & Marketing – Proven selling and negotiating skills with effective sales ability and persuasiveness and marketing techniques. Demonstrates knowledge in the following skills: client interviewing, sales, cross-selling, consultative sales, proposals preparation, and presentation.
- Customer Service – Highly professional demeanor with excellent written and verbal communication skills to positively assist and influence customers.
Technical and Analytical Skills
- Basic knowledge of/working knowledge of Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Collects and researches data.
- Uses intuition, experience, and data to drive decision making.
- Designs workflows and procedures.
- Displays original thinking and creativity.
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Generates suggestions for improving business.
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Ability to read and understand safety guidelines of the business.
- Ability to approach job responsibilities with an emphasis on safety, efficiency, and quality.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of company products and services.
Time Management and Communication Skills
- Must be dependable, have good attendance, be punctual, and have a positive attitude.
- Prioritizes regular workload, special tasks, and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally with individuals from within and outside the organization.
- Demonstrates crisis/conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and self-direct with little to no supervision.
- Thrives in multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities quickly.
- Proven experience in Continuous Improvement activities (i.e. 80/20).
- Effective organizational, leadership and presentation skills.
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach and influence employees.
- Performs with high level of initiative exhibiting persistence and willingness to stimulate new ideas with the organization.
- Takes calculated risks, makes strategic, results-oriented decisions, and accepts responsibility for the results (positive or negative).
- Makes self-available to staff.
- Provides regular performance feedback.
- Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external).
- Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative work relationships both internally and externally.
- Effectively recruits candidates and interviews job applicants for open positions, supporting ITW Diversity and Inclusion strategies.
- Represents Hobart Service within their community well.
Why work for us?
- Competitive pay
- Great insurance options with low premiums
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Extensive on-the-job, online, and classroom training
- Service vehicle, uniforms, and safety equipment provided
- Safety-conscious work environment
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.