Field Service Engineer (IN)Apply Job ID REF4461G Date posted 04/14/2022 Address No address, Indianapolis, IN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what’s possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials — this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it’s a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
To calibrate, maintain, install, troubleshoot, and repair MTS equipment at a customer site. Learns and applies MTS technology and business practices in order to provide quality, on-site customer support.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Manages customer base and business activities to optimize customer satisfaction, efficiency of operation, revenue generation, margin levels, and service contract performance.
2. Diagnoses equipment problems to the major sub-sections of the system (i.e. controllers, hydraulics, data acquisition systems, transducers, grips, fixtures, etc.) Restores equipment operations.
3. Performs calibrations relevant to assigned customer base independently.
4. Coordinates and conducts installation and maintenance activities.
5. Implements the operational requirements of the MTS Corporate and Field Service Quality System.
6. Assists as requested to support service sales efforts by being knowledgeable of and understanding strategic goals relative to growth, margin and marketing.
7. Manages all assigned assets according to company policy (i.e. automobile, financial instruments, and service equipment).
Education & Experience: Vo-tech degree in a technical field or equivalent military training and a minimum of 4 years relevant experience; or
8 years relevant technical experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.