Supply PlannerApply Job ID REF3950P Date posted 10/13/2021 Address 16200 Park Row, Houston, TX Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
As Supply Planner for the ITW Global Brands team you will optimize the balance of inventory for an allocated portfolio of SKU’s across the supply chain network. Maintain portfolios that are in line with; target customer service levels, levels of fill rate accuracy, and safety stock levels.
Implement and maintain Inventory and Material Management Strategies for all Finished Goods by regular review and optimization of inventory parameters and levels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement and maintain Inventory and Material Management Strategies for all Finished Goods through regular review and optimization of inventory parameters and levels.
• Partner with Marketing, Demand Planners and Suppliers to validate feasibility of mid to long-term supply plans for products of responsibility and recommend actions as needed.
• Prepare, clean, and maintain the appropriate supplier forecast for all products of responsibility.
• Place orders with suppliers based upon agreed lead time and capacity availability.
• Review supplier order acknowledgments for acceptability. Reschedules purchase orders as needed.
• Provide clear and concise communication to stakeholders concerning products of responsibility.
• Conduct regular business and performance reviews with Demand Planners, Marketing, and suppliers.
• Identify and manage potential inventory obsolescence to minimize write-offs.
• Monitor any activity and progress related to production and distribution in JDE.
• Make recommendations to enhance business processes and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies.
• Maintain MRD process with manufacturing/suppliers and ensure the health of the supply chain.
• Monitor demand consumption, taking corrective action to optimize supply and minimize excess inventory.
• Assure on-time delivery and delivery status.
• Coordinate with Sourcing team regarding supplier issues, monthly scorecard items, replenishment programs, and cost issues.
• Maintain system data/attributes for purchased products of responsibility.
• Ensure acceptable level of performance from supplier base is met for each of the established metrics.
• Support Commercialization and Launch phase for selected project/products.
• Conduct root cause analysis for supply chain issues/variances and perform define corrective action plans to avoid reoccurrence.
• Perform ad hoc analysis as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree , or equivalent work experience required.
• 3 years Supply Chain Planning/Purchasing experience.
• 10% travel
• Proficient in Excel
• Familiarity with ERP systems
• Ability to deliver analytical and fact-based decision making.
• Resiliency - Ability to prioritize and reprioritize as new activities appear. Works well under pressure.
• Detail Oriented
• Self-starter - highly motivated individual who is well able to keep pace in a very busy office, pro-active approach to work.
• Strong computer software aptitude.
• Proven ability to engage with internal stakeholders and external partners.
• Ability to remain calm during difficult business situations.
• Strong written communication skills - capable of creating work instructions and SOPs.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.