Sourcing Specialist - Car CareApply Job ID REF6406Z Date posted 05/04/2022 Address 16200 Park Row, Houston, TX Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
Reporting to the Sourcing Manager, the Sourcing Specialist is responsible for managing the assigned supply base. Ensuring that all aspects of the purchasing function are completed accurately, timely, and in compliance with standard auditing procedures. Please note this position requires at least 5 years proven experience in strategic supplier management.
• Assist with the development of Strategic Sourcing plans and objectives (short & long term) considering economic and currency trends and conditions that affect the business.
• Support the Sourcing Manager to manage a portfolio of sourcing initiatives (with a high spend in scope)
• Manage strategic suppliers within North America and internationally acting as the key liaison between the Company and suppliers for major initiatives.
• Conducts negotiations with potential and/or current major suppliers to obtain maximum value
• Manage the sourcing and RFI / RFQ process to ensure Best Cost-for-Quality
• Ensure key products/components have redundant/second sources
• Manage the vendor qualification process and act as main negotiator for supplier agreements/contracts
• Utilize Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) to manage supplier relationships based on data from Supplier Scorecard Templates
• Research spend and PPV data, analyze and create meaningful reporting to identify trends, performance metrics, and cost reduction opportunities. Provide reports to senior management
• Keep updated on relevant currency exchange rates & raw material costing
• Assisting in achieving and maintaining valid available to promise information which is used in making customer delivery promises.
• Strong understanding of demand/supply process
• Assist in maintaining the company’s MRP system data accuracy and availability from costing perspective
• Other Duties as required.
5+ years experience in STRATEGIC SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT is REQUIRED
Bachelors Degree required; preference to Supply Chain Majors
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.